Sewer hose

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StPeteRVe

Have a new travel trailer, used the Camco sewer hose three times and just noticed three small pinholes.  First, where could these pinholes have come from ?  Second, since I must now replace the hose, which is the BEST and most durable hose out there ?  New to this TT thing.  Thank you.

http://www.prestofit.com/BluelineRVSanitation.html 

I've used these for many years.

A sewer hose support will also help prevent pinhole leaks.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-Sidewinder-20-Plastic-Sewer-Hose-Support/29764420 

The holes develop as the hose is drug around on the ground. 

I use a Valterra Dominator. It's five years old now, three of those years hooked up full time while camphosting. (about 12 months total) I have no complaints. I also have a Rhino from Walmart, in case I need extra length, but it's not as thick as the Valterra.

http://www.valterra.com/product-category/rv-products/aftermarket/sewer-sanitation/dominator-sewer-hose-kits-and-extensions/

The typical standard model sewer hose is thin and not very rugged, so merely scraping it along the ground, especially gravel, or stowing away in a compartment, can make tiny holes. Get any of the heavier duty types, e.g. a Camco Heavy Duty, Camco Rhinoflex, Valterra Dominator, Prestofit Blueline, etc. The number of mils of thickness is the major clue as to durability, but the material used is also a factor.

Where did they come from.. May have been lying on rocks (Why they sell sewer hose supports and mine is supported) may have been something inside the bumper or other storager areas,

Do you need a new hose... Perhaps not. I often treat a single pin hole to a spot of GOOP brand adheasive sealant seems to get the job done.  ONe hose I spayed with left over Flex Seal from anothe rjob that worked too..  Strange thing. .I was parked for over 3 years and with support the free hose that came with the RV (10-11-12 and now 13 years old (was the EXACT length.. It did the deed.  Last time I dumped I disconnected it and it SHATTERED  But it did not leak... (Well I was planing on putting it right where I put it for eternal storage anyway after nearly 4 years in Georgia Sun)

I'm in the process of purchasing my first sewer hose also.  After quite a lot of research and looking at many different models and brands, the Valterra Viper is my choice.  The only other one that I feel may be better is the Drain Master Cam Lock system......but between the hose itself and a storage tube or box, it's in the $275 range....and I'm not doing that.

Drain master has a good warranty. I have a Tetford Sentenal. originally had the "Smart Hose" but they had too many issues with their cam-lock system so tehy sent me a Sentenal no charge.

I like the Rhino series of hoses. They compact and I can carry 20' in my "fence post storage tubes along with 16 plus feet of gutter supports.

Back
Top Bottom