Roof Restoration Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pagraham

Hi All
Started out the day planning to restore the roof on my 30' Carriage Cameo, spent too much time fighting the wind while trying to cover the thing with plastic sheeting .
Applied the cleaner/ bonding agent at around 2:30 and by the time I got around to the first coat of Dicor acrylic coating it was 5:00pm.
I ran out of lite and warmth, got only one coat applied, and maybe because it started to cool off, the stuff didn't go on as thick as it should, I covered the entire roof with 1 gallon.
The instructions said I should have used 2 gallons per coat.
I think I screwed up.
Does anyone know what my options are?
I still have 3 gallons on acrylic on the work bench.
Thanks
Paul

Hi, you have reported that there are 5 replies you cannot read.  So far there are no replies except mine ☺  you may have seen 5 Views, this is people reading but not replying.

Welcome to the forum. Try our practice board to familiarise yourself.

Welcome aboard!

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/board,48.0.html

I did my 30 foot MH last spring .  It took one gallon per coat, I put two coats on it and the covering looked great.

Yeah, the recommended coverage is 125 sq ft/gallon, so you spread it a little thin. That's easy to do unless you really slop it on.  I don't think there is any harm done, but you should apply another thinner coat to bring the first one up to par and try to do the last coat thicker. Worst case is to apply 4 coats instead of two to get the desired thickness. Don't wait too long between coats, though. You want them to bond together as much as possible.

Thanks everyone, I spoke to Dicor this morning, the 1st coat is the most important on the same day to establish the bond.
Pretty much just what Gary said.
I'll try to get the final coats on this Friday.
Thanks
Paul

Back
Top Bottom