EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Holding tank heaters help!!!  (Read 419 times)

Tenthkid

Holding tank heaters help!!!
« on: February 19, 2018, 08:20:24 PM »
I have a 2006 dutchmen Denali 30BS-DSL and I have the tank heater option. The switches for the tank heaters are not labeled. Does anyone know which switch goes to which tank?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
Re: Holding tank heaters help!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:13:30 AM »
I don't know the answer, but the question makes me curious:  If conditions are such that tank heaters are needed, wouldn't you turn them all on anyway?
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

WILDEBILL308

• ---
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
I have a 2006 dutchmen Denali 30BS-DSL and I have the tank heater option. The switches for the tank heaters are not labeled. Does anyone know which switch goes to which tank?
Like Gary said I don't know if it makes a difference. However, you could use an infrared thermometer to see which tank is heating up with which switch.
Bill
2003 Bounder 38N
300 HP 5.9 Cummins
Allison 3000MH Trans.
Towing 2014 Honda CRV
Home base Fort Worth, Texas
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain-

keymastr

• ---
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 01:04:47 AM »
I believe the heaters are thermostatically controlled to come on at something like 35* so just turning the switch on may not turn them on unless it is near freezing.

Just make sure all tanks have an inch of liquid in them to prevent damage from the heaters. Perhaps if it gets very cold turning each one off for an hour would allow you to take a reading with a temperature gun to see which tank cooled off.

Hosted by Over The Network