Rear turn signals not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tbonevic78

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum in hope of finding a solution to my RV problem.  I have a 2007 Newmar Ventana 3933 with the Cummins 330 Diesel engine. For the past year, I've been having this problem where the rear turn signals don't flash whenever my headlamps or fog lamps are on. Occasionally, they may flash out of sync with the rest of my turn signals, but they mostly don't work at all unless I'm daytime driving with headlamps off. Thankfully, the brake lights do work. I've had this RV to both an RV dealership/service center and a Spartan chassis repair facility with no luck in finding the problem, yet I've spent over $3000 in labor time. Any thoughts?

To add to my original post, when I turn the blinker on in any direction, the rear turn light will brighten but will not flash. I do have side marker lights that flash in sync with the front turn signals, but the rear lights do not.

The first thing to check is the one that's the most pain in the butt, checking all the ground wires. Bad grounds can cause some stupid problems.

Run a separate ground wire from the turn signal assembly to the chassis, it sure sounds like you're lacking a good ground.

:))
Had a similar problem on an old Dodge van - the extra ground wire fixed it. (green colored, of course!  ;) )

Back
Top Bottom