Hard wiring LED awning lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

head1855

I would like to install some LED under awning lights. My question is can they be hardwired into the power supply for the awning motor? I am really nervous about drilling into the side of the camper. Also, does anyone have any advice on the lights I should purchase? I would like some without any backing tape on them so that I could use the more sturdy 3M VHB tape. My experience is that the backing tape that comes on these products does not usually last.

As has been said, the motor only gets power when it is running, so that will not work unless you wire into the circuit BEFORE the motor switch / controller.  I like the patio light suggestion!

I'm planning to wire up a strip of LEDs under my awning but I'm going to connect into the existing outside porch light. It seems like the easiest way to do it as it's already switched.

So does anyone have some pics they can share?
I purchased a strip of LEDs that has a connection on each end. So I?m thinking I can cut it at about 4? and mount that going toward the rear of the TT from the outside door light and mount the remaining strip going toward the front.
Would it be better to drill into the side of the trailer above the light and hopefully follow the wires from the door light to the switch and then install another switch?
Or drill a hole into the door light housing and just use that?
I like the individual switch idea for each light.
Has anyone used the aluminum channels on amazon to run their LEDs in?
I think that would look more professional but not sure how they connect together. Love to see some pics of them installed.
Any help and suggestions are much appreciated!
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom