Brake/turn signal issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am having an issue with my 2000 Cruise Master 35'. When I turn on My turn signals the front signals work fine. However, The rear lights both flash. When I apply the brakes my turn signal stops flashing. I have a Ford Chassis. Any help or Ideas would be appreciated. ???

Jim

I'm sure not an expert on this but something similar happened to me years ago with the wiring on a boat trailer. It turned out my problem was that one of the wires to the rear lights had rubbed against the frame and was grounding.

Woody

That usually indicates a poor ground,  Prime suspects are the point where the ground connects to the TOW vehicle

To test this (The easy way) use a jumper cable, either automotive or electronic and jumper the toung of the trailer to the frame of the tow vehicle, if this solves the problem you have a temp solution, trouble shoot and fix As soon as it is easily done.

Next is the bulbs themselves (Bulb to socket) and the ground leads on the sockets. (or rather the point where they attach to the trailer frame)

Well I found the problem. The wires were grounding on the housing for the plug for towing. I pulled it out reinsulated it and everything works fine. I plan on replacing the housing with a new one.

Jim

Americangunner said:
Well I found the problem. The wires were grounding on the housing for the plug for towing. I pulled it out reinsulated it and everything works fine. I plan on replacing the housing with a new one.

Jim

Good to hear you found the problem and got it fixed.  Thanks for the follow up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom