LA Cracking Down on Street Camping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a new parking/camping ordinance is not going to fix the massive problem we have all over in every California city.

It's not a parking problem..it's a homeless problem.

I wish we had the $98 billion dollars we spent on a bullet train for affordable housing,  or roads...water..education.. anything but a pretty new train.

I worked all over coastal California in the early 1970's.  I've always thought that there is no place in the US I would rather live than California BP(Before People).  Great Climate and a beautiful place to live.  Too many folks thought the same thing for too many years. 

Recently I read an article on the relative cost of providing housing v/s what we are doing now.. As you can guess SOLVING the problem was cheaper than what we are doing now..  (Recently = Yesterday but I did not log the numbers)

page 2: one of the problems is this. On the road most cars are 7' wide or less. Semi-trucks are 8' wide. only two vehicles are allowed in the city over 8' wide without a permit.. Flat bed tow trucks and RV's at 8'6"

Semi's (And flat bed tow trucks) are not allowed to park on residental  streets. due to the fact that those roads are not wide enough. Imagine if a Fire Truck or Ambulance (Also wide vehicles at least 8') had to get past but RV's were parked so they could not... Major issue.  Thus  as more and more RVers who are Homeless not by choice park on city streets.. More and more cities adopt these laws.

There is more.. Like where do they empty their holding tanks?????

Another issue is FEAR... When you do not understand something you have two choices... The more intellegetn will study and learn and attempt to understand, they wil ask questions. obtain answers and finally understand.

Politicians are generally not the "Cream of the crop" IQ wise.  (Note there are exceptions. With one exception every Democrat to sit in the oval office since 1959 has qualified for MENSA that's the top 2% IQ wise)

But the less intelligent.. Well FEAR is the most common respnose to that which you do not understand.

So they pass laws to make themselves feel better.  r at least safer.. Even if the law has the exact opposite effect.

We live in a small log cabin community. There are two entrances/exits.  There are quite a few empty lots and folks like to park near the isolated ares and do their drug deals and prostitutes bring there John's. When I see someone drive through the neighborhood that I don't recognize, I take note. I have chased folks out in the middle of both the drug deals and the sex acts. We don't want anyone in The neighborhood that does not live here, visiting someone or has legitimate business here.

Here in South Florida, another desirable place to live, we have numerous homeless who show up during the cold months who live out of their cars and in some cases RVs. Often I see RVs parked in different places that personally I would be afraid to put on the road. Yes there are laws prohibiting such but it still happens. Florida City prohibits the practice while Homestead is a little more lenient. California needs to deal with the homeless problem.

John From Detroit said:
With one exception every Democrat to sit in the oval office since 1959 has qualified for MENSA that's the top 2% IQ wise)

Really?    California has been under total Democrat control for many decades, Jerry Brown has been our governor for 4 terms.....It ain't working out so well.

Our state (like most other blue states) is financially upside down.

TonyDtorch said:
Really?    California has been under total Democrat control for many decades, Jerry Brown has been our governor for 4 terms.....It ain't working out so well.

Our state (like most other blue states) is financially upside down.

Arnold was a Democrat? 

Ca is and always will be a liberal state, in our last senatorial election...there were no republicans even running.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-pol-ca-road-map-senate-republican-candidates-turnout-20180204-story.html

The conservatives are just moving out, ...and it's not going to ever change back again.

TonyDtorch said:
actually... yes.

LOL..."As a Republican, Schwarzenegger was first elected on October 7, 2003..." 

..."He served two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011..."

From Wikipedia

As a once famous politician said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to their own facts".

With one exception every Democrat to sit in the oval office since 1959 has qualified for MENSA that's the top 2% IQ wise)

As a general statement, IQ doesn't necessarily equate to compassion, understanding (other than maybe technical) or the state of selfishness or not (nor to other attitudes, either), whether politician, scientist or anyone else.

Paul & Ann said:
LOL..."As a republican, Schwarzenegger was first elected on October 7, 2003..." 

..."He served two terms as the 38th Governor of California from 2003 to 2011..."

From Wikipedia

As a once famous politician said, "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but they are not entitled to their own facts".

That is true..he ran and was elected as a republican.  But he was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom