Recommendations for seasonal camping 60-90 minute radius of Butler, PA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

I'm doing some advance work looking for mid 2019, may be looking for a seasonal spot in western PA. Would love to hear from anyone who has spent some time there.

I live in Butler and can?t really recommend any nearby parks.  The ones I know of are either run by people who are totally clueless or the sites are on the side of a hill. 

Try google "camping near emlenton pa" and snoop around.  Closer to I-80 and points north, it shows some campgrounds near the Allegheny Forest Region. Should still be in the 30~45 minutes of Butler north.

Wolfs Campground is pretty close to I-80 and I am not sure I would like the noise level. Been there for dinner only, good restaurant on site.

Newbie with no camper (yet)

Thanks for the responses. I do have a list and map of every single campground within 90 minutes, just hoping for feedback from those who have actually stayed in any of them.

Peteyboy said:
I live in Butler and can?t really recommend any nearby parks.  The ones I know of are either run by people who are totally clueless or the sites are on the side of a hill.

Ya, some I run across look pretty funky.

I lived in the Cranberry/Mars area for a number of years and used to store my previous rig underground at Brady's Bend northeast of you

90 minutes from Butler includes a chunk of eastern Ohio.  I know Thousand Trails has a couple resorts within reach and they all have seasonal sites. I don't think yo have to be a member to rent seasonally either.  Whether you like them or not is up to you. Check out TT Wilmington and TT Kenisee Lakes.

If you Google RV parks Ohio you will find several near the PA border

Thx Gary and yes I am looking in eastern OH as well. Just doing remote research right now; will be visiting family this summer and while there will check out the more promising ones in person

Have you looked at West Virginia?  I know the Mount Storm area in the NW part of the state is a real resort type area.  Spent a night there probably 40 years ago when I was doing some inspection work at the VEPCO coal plant.

donn said:
Have you looked at West Virginia?  I know the Mount Storm area in the NW part of the state is a real resort type area.  Spent a night there probably 40 years ago when I was doing some inspection work at the VEPCO coal plant.

Not yet, but I will be as it's almost within range of where I want to be. My actual preference is to be within an hour of Valencia, PA where I have family, but I figured no one would know where that is. Plus I'm casting a wider net in case there's a nice place just outside that radius.

zeeman06 said:
Look at Mountain Top Campground

Thanks, yes that one caught my attention. It's perfectly located (the closest to where I want to be of any I've checked on), but they don't have seasonal rates and sewer hookup is gray only so every couple weeks I'd have to deal with dumping the black. It does look nice. Also, they're open all year (unusual for PA). Not sure I'd want to overwinter, but it would allow me to extend the usual season a month on each end. Definitely going to have a look.

Shortly most of the PA campgrounds should open for the season and I'll be able to do my long distance research. This June I'm flying back to visit and will checkout some of the top contenders in person.

Have you stayed at Mountain Top?

Back
Top Bottom