RV Show Report - "Happy Days Are Here Again"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NCSU Dad

not the TV show. Consumer confidence appears to be UP UP UP.

We spent 2 days at the Raleigh NC show. Friday was senior day and crowd size was tolerable. As we expected Saturday was elbow to elbow. Everyone appeared upbeat & ready to break out the checkbook.

We didn't buy. My wife has softened her total opposition to Class A (uneasiness with sitting close to huge windshield and flat front-end) so the show was a success for us.

We were just at the Springfield, MA show. The crowds were up from the past couple of years (the beautiful weather certainly didn't hurt), and we saw many RVs with sold signs hanging on them. We spoke with three people we know that had booths, and they all reported a good weekend.

The economy has been on a slow but steady rise since 2008. The rise in RV sales is good and bad for us. Good for us since there will be a plethora of used (1-3 year old) RV's to choose from; bad for us because we will we have even more competition for those coveted CG sites.

kdbgoat said:
Pretty astute statement.

A Statement that may be off by one year but is basically supported by assorted studies and reports.

For example i 2007 Gasoline peaked at 4.17/gallon, nw it's n the rise again but only abut 2.50.  The low was under 2.00 a couple years back.. And the pride of Diesel likewise peaked in 2007 and floored a couple years back.

And the cost of EVERYTHING is affected by the cost of Diesel for if you got it.. a truck brought it.

or...as most people saw it,  for about 8 years the economy was stagnant.

I saw this article on the news. Airstream expanding production. Maybe another positive indicator.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/26/airstream-to-expand-production-to-meet-booming-rv-demand.html

We traded in our fifth wheel for the motorhome in 2008, and gas was 4.25 that first summer. We were concerned that we had made a long-term investment into a hobby that we could no longer afford. Very much relieved when prices came back down.

Oldgator73 said:
Do you think it will bring the price down?

No I don't think this will bring prices down. IMO Airstream has a cult following. That said Airstream is at the top of my wish list.

Me 3, 

My son and I went and looked at new Airstreams. I fell in love with them and I don?t care if they don?t have slides.

TonyDtorch said:
Me 3, 

My son and I went and looked at new Airstreams. I fell in love with them and I don?t care if they don?t have slides.

Checking the family tree to see if any rich relatives are ready to go. Only way I can get an Airstream is to inherit money.

We've currently got a good sized Airstream parked a couple of spaces over from us.  You realize those things have next to no outside storage?  That, coupled with the reduced size of the overhead cabinets due to the roof contour means not near enough storage for my liking.
They're pretty, but not the unit for me.

^ Agree. Once you look beyond the cool retro look, they're just a claustrophobic tin can. Can't imagine owning one under any circumstances.

But, as mentioned, they do have a cult following.

Old_Crow said:
We've currently got a good sized Airstream parked a couple of spaces over from us.  You realize those things have next to no outside storage?  That, coupled with the reduced size of the overhead cabinets due to the roof contour means not near enough storage for my liking.
They're pretty, but not the unit for me.

I agree the smaller Airstreams (16-20') we've looked at feel like they lack storage. That might be a curse or blessing. For someone like myself I tend to travel with way too much stuff. I might be fooling myself thinking less storage space would translate into me taking only what is necessary.

Back
Top Bottom