rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Heated water hose problems  (Read 367 times)

Birdbc1

Heated water hose problems
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:51:02 PM »
Has anyone ever heard of a heated hose being swollen or blistering? The area of the hose that is swollen is the hose that is inside the water control compartment of the RV. So, part of the hose is in the compartment and the other part of the hose runs outside to the water source and it is in freezing temps. I am assuming that the part of the hose in the compartment got too hot.

If you have extra hose with a heated hose, do you have to completely unroll it outside in the freezing temperatures? There is an alarming lack of info out there or in the users manuals on this subject.

Camco 50 ft freeze ban hose

Thanks!

glen54737

• ---
  • My camping buddy
Re: Heated water hose problems
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
I always put all of it outside, I've had problems with it freezing if the thermostat is in a heated or partially heated compartment.
The blistering probably is a failure but unlikely from getting too hot maybe too much pressure.
2018 Thor Miramar 35.2
2015 F-350 CC short box 6.7l 3.55 axle
2015 Alpine 3510RE-sold

Glen,Nene
Mickey & Jayco (yorkies)

Birdbc1

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 11:03:47 AM »
Thanks Glen - the thermostat is definitely out in the cold which causes the portion of the hose in the compartment to get pretty warm. Very strange that is hose is swollen and there is a blister near the male end.

keymastr

• ---
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »
Are you using a water pressure regulator? If not it could be causing the hose to separate. Which brand of heated hose are you using?