Heated water hose problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Birdbc1

Has anyone ever heard of a heated hose being swollen or blistering? The area of the hose that is swollen is the hose that is inside the water control compartment of the RV. So, part of the hose is in the compartment and the other part of the hose runs outside to the water source and it is in freezing temps. I am assuming that the part of the hose in the compartment got too hot.

If you have extra hose with a heated hose, do you have to completely unroll it outside in the freezing temperatures? There is an alarming lack of info out there or in the users manuals on this subject.

Camco 50 ft freeze ban hose

Thanks!

I always put all of it outside, I've had problems with it freezing if the thermostat is in a heated or partially heated compartment.
The blistering probably is a failure but unlikely from getting too hot maybe too much pressure.

Thanks Glen - the thermostat is definitely out in the cold which causes the portion of the hose in the compartment to get pretty warm. Very strange that is hose is swollen and there is a blister near the male end.

Are you using a water pressure regulator? If not it could be causing the hose to separate. Which brand of heated hose are you using?

I'm using 30-Feet easy heat cold weather valve and pipe heating water cable.

https://rvingreviews.com/plumbing/heated-water-hose/

Reworked my entire well system over the summer switching from an old jet pump to a submersible. Without rebuilding my well house, the result was new piping coming out of my well that is exposed to the elements. I used this on all exposed pipes. 7 degrees this winter and no freezing on exposed PVC pipes. Perfect for my situation.

Have not heard of that with the heated hoses but they are not all that popular.

Where I'm parked the pressure can easily hut 120 PSI.. I had a hose blow up like in the cartoons when I was washing the rig oine spring without a regulator.  I now use a regulator .

Back
Top Bottom