Bird House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grashley

My wife presented me with this really cute bird house for our new to us camper!!

Where is the best place to attach it to the outside of the camper so it does not blow off while traveling?
How do you keep the birds inside the house when driving down the road?

;D  8)  ::)

Attachments

• P2260404.jpg
    P2260404.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 39
You'll want to mount it where the residents will have a ------- birds-eye view of the road.

Sorry!

Corky

BTW - The birdhouse is neat, and my wife wants one just like it.

grashley said:
My wife presented me with this really cute bird house for our new to us camper!!

Where is the best place to attach it to the outside of the camper so it does not blow off while traveling?

;D  8)  ::)

I  hope you are joking Gordon.

Birds wake up in the morning.... WHERE THE HECK ARE WE?!

Oh god, it's so cute, sweet, and beautiful. I love birds and watching them is one of my hobbies. I have one of the best bluebird houses. When I have a day-off, I go to the woods or mountains and all day I just watch the birds, how they fly, what they do, how they live, it's so exciting. I discovered this when I was on a trip to the UK, I have friends there and their hobbies are hunting and hiking in the mountains. They taught me to appreciate nature and learn from it. Last year, I bought a birding camera to take pics of birds and this is incredible. I've learned a lot from birds like patience, caring, and freedom.

Last edited:

;D 8) ::)
That may not be quit as funny as is sounds.

Many years ago, I knew a naturalist who would tell people that some birds, especially Robins, become very attached to their nests. He swore that he knew of a Robin that nested and successfully raised a brood on the top of a school bus that made it's rounds every day.

I never believed his story, until one day, one of the guys at work came into my office and told me that he had just gone out to get something from his truck, and some "crazy Robin" flew out from under it, and attacked him. "That's odd" I told him, and went back to work.

He came back to my office at lunch time, to tell me that the "crazy Robin" had attacked him again. Now, I was curious, so I went out to the parking lot with him. Sure enough, the robin flew out from underneath and tried to chase us away.

I crawled under his truck, and there on the rear axle was a
robin' nest with three little blue eggs in it. We removed the nest from his truck, and secured it in a nearby shrub. That crazy bird watched us move her nest, and returned to it as soon as we backed away.

We never knew if she was actually riding back and forth to work with him, or if she just waited for him to arrive every day.

Joel

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom