Our First Purchase

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James & Erin

We finally did it! 

After the better part of a year of research - reading these and other forums, reading consumer guides and reviews, studying specifications side by side (with an excel spreadsheet - I know, "geek"), visiting dealers all over our area, attending a show, renting a Class C for a trial run (7 days from MA to TN to see the eclipse - and it was awesome!).

At long last, we decided to go for it with a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 35A - we pick up it at the end of the week. 

Shake down run the weekend after, slightly farther afield in April, then a month long trip in July. 

We pick up our first this Saturday.  Our first shakedown trip will be in April (that is when the closer camp grounds open in central NJ). 

Good luck to you and safe travels. 

Before that shakedown cruise, camp overnight in the yard or driveway.  You can learn a lot about what you need to bring with you, and what you know or don't know about operating the RV's systems. Best to get educated before that first road trip!

Gary RV_Wizard said:
Before that shakedown cruise, camp overnight in the yard or driveway.  You can learn a lot about what you need to bring with you, and what you know or don't know about operating the RV's systems. Best to get educated before that first road trip!

The plan was a site about 40 miles away - not quite in the backyard, but close enough in case anything goes pear-shaped.  Failing that, I will camp in my parking lot if need be ;-)

Hi and welcome to the forum.  Hope you have a blast checking out your new purchase, congratulations... :D

jackiemac said:
Hi and welcome to the forum.  Hope you have a blast checking out your new purchase, congratulations... :D

Thanks!  We are still awaiting delivery.  Delay to ship instrument cluster to ModuleMasters ...  :-\

Back
Top Bottom