Motor-Aid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedT

Though I haven't been able to find a schematic of the Winnebago Motor-Aid system, my understanding is that, when the engine is operating, coolant flows through a heat exchanger in the water heater. The result is that hot water is available without the water heater being switched "ON".

Is there a shut-off valve in the system? The reason I ask is because we normally experienced hot water after parking, but now do not. Any advice?

I can't go back to 2004 on the Winnebagoind page, but here is what my 2013 Motoraid looks like - it just taps right into the heater hoses that run to the cab - no valve.  If you have cab heat, you should have hot water.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 60
My Vectra has two yellow 1/4 turn shutoff valves for the coach heater (& motoraid) back by the engine on the drivers side underneath the coach.

This is what my shutoff valves look like:

Attachments

• HeaterShutoffValve1.JPG
    HeaterShutoffValve1.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 58
  • HeaterShutoffValve2.JPG
    HeaterShutoffValve2.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 51
Thanks, Chris. I'll have to crawl under there tomorrow and see what I can find. I'm thinking the water lines run on the passenger side frame rail, since the cab heater and water heater are on the passenger side of the coach. I've checked the vacuum valves, the water shut-off on the cab heater does open and close. No vacuum leaks.

Crawled under the old Meridian today and there it was! In the off position. Flipped the handle and will see the results next week. Thanks again, Chris and all who responded. Just goes to show ya you ain't too old to learn! And this is the place to learn!

RedT said:
Crawled under the old Meridian today and there it was! In the off position. Flipped the handle and will see the results next week. Thanks again, Chris and all who responded. Just goes to show ya you ain't too old to learn! And this is the place to learn!

Did you check both (feed & return) valves?  Perhaps they were off because of a leak in the heater core up front?  You should check for leakage up there now that you've turned them on.

Did you check both (feed & return) valves?  Perhaps they were off because of a leak in the heater core up front?  You should check for leakage up there now that you've turned them on.

Yes, that's the plan.

Back
Top Bottom