EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: "RV" Insurance for Truck Campers?  (Read 241 times)


  • ---
  • Posts: 23
"RV" Insurance for Truck Campers?
« on: March 04, 2018, 04:32:05 PM »
Has anybody found an insurance company that will insure a truck and camper as an RV? I checked with a couple and they want to insure the truck as a truck with a rider for the camper. When you are talking a newer F350 dually the premium is pretty steep. My rig is only used for camping and the camper never comes off the truck. It seems ridiculous to have to pay $1,000 plus a year for something that only gets used an average of 2,000 miles a year and is sitting in the driveway 99% of the time. You can insure a Class C motorhome for about half of that.
2015 F350 Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab Dually, 2006 11.5' Lance camper. Polaris ATVS.


  • ---
  • Posts: 33
Re: "RV" Insurance for Truck Campers?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:01:19 PM »
I have a rider on my State Farm policy and the camper only adds $200/year. Plus it is also insured when off the truck.
2011 Ford DRW,4X4
Host Everest, 11.5', triple slide


  • ---
  • Posts: 973
Re: "RV" Insurance for Truck Campers?
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 05:41:06 PM »
I We also have a rider on our auto policy, though ours is with Farmers.  As we are now full time we will be looking at other options.
Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki
2017 Eagle Cap 1165 Truck Camper With Tork Lift Fast Gun Tie Downs & T.L. Wobble Stoppers
2015 Ram Big Horn 3500 CC Cummins TD Dually 3:73 Gears & AISIN Tranny
Gone But not forgotten:
2014 Northwoods Snow River 246RKS &
2013 Aliner Expedition


Hosted by Over The Network