Winnebago 2017 31KE Battery Disconnect Switch Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LTWinnebago

Once again, I'm new to a new 2017 Winnebago 31KE.  So far so good, but little things keep popping up that I can't resolve in the manual.

The Battery Disconnect Switch is located just inside the entrance door, along with the Auto Step switch and Power Awning and Awning Lights, etc.  Connected to shore power, placing the Battery Disconnect Switch on, I can hear it connect, so to speak, and a green light is lit on the switch. Everything functions electrically. If I turn the switch off, again I sense a audible disconnect, but the green light remains on. If I disconnect the shore power the light will go off. 

I cannot find any reference in the manual to this light, should it go off if the disconnect switch is turned off or does it just indicate that shore power is available?

Thanks for any insight.

Hmmm, I wonder if mine would do the same thing.  I've never tried, as I've never had a reason to shut off the masters while plugged in to shore power.  I'm sure John is right, it backfeeds somehow.

Even thou the "master" switch is turned off..there are certain items on board that are still powered up...the electric steps for one...

Not sure if yours is the same as mine but my light is off when "disconnected" (off) and green when it's on.  Didn't have time to check today whether it's green when off and plugged into shore power...I might have time to check tomorrow.

LTWinnebago said:
I cannot find any reference in the manual to this light, should it go off if the disconnect switch is turned off or does it just indicate that shore power is available?

Thanks for any insight.

Mine (2014 31KE) stays on when shore power is available.

The refrigerator will also run (gas or electric) when shore power is available and the switch is off. Disconnect shore power with the switch off and the refrigerator turns off (guess how I know  :-[).

Per the "Battery Installation Diagram" (available here: https://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/2017/000215346.pdf) the switch is on the 12 volt circuit between the battery and the load center. The light on the switch must be on the load center side of the circuit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom