St. David's Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
This is the time of year when Welsh folks celebrate Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant (St. David's Day), and we fly the Welsh flag with its symbolic red dragon aka ddraid goch. David is the Patron Saint of Wales.

Attachments

• Y_ddraid_goch.jpg
    Y_ddraid_goch.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 34
Thanks Jackie. Today's Google Doodle image is a little dull. But I suppose it captures elements such as Wales being the land of song, the harp being the traditional instrument, and daffodils worn by the ladies on this day.

Attachments

• GoogleDoodle2018-0301.png
    GoogleDoodle2018-0301.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 21
Here's one of my prior postings on St. David (it was a response to a somewhat inaccurate post).

Read through part if the linked topic.
Having lived in West Virginia in the Spring when everyone is eating ramps, I don't think daffodils are enough to cover up the aroma. ;)

[quote author=jackiemac]... from a very snowy Scotland.[/quote]

I've been hearing lots of stories and seeing lots of photos of snow across the UK. I read that ireland had all but come to a stop.

Our village has been very difficult to get in and out of with the roads being totally closed a few times. Luckily i always have plenty of food in the cupboards and made sure the milk and bread was topped up just before the bad weather hit.  Think parts of Wales have been getting it too.

Photo of local road that is still closed. It keeps snowing!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1519928427323.jpg
    FB_IMG_1519928427323.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 18
It's not too bad surprisingly ....  here's another photo of a guy who got stuck last night. The 4x4 got covered in snow and they had to leave it.  Nothing like snow in US though.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1520017555143.jpg
    FB_IMG_1520017555143.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 18
Looks as if someone bought the myth that a 4WD can go anywhere.

jackiemac said:
It's not too bad surprisingly ....  here's another photo of a guy who got stuck last night. The 4x4 got covered in snow and they had to leave it.  Nothing like snow in US though.

I've seen snow like that in the U.S. (a number of different places).

Larry N. said:
Looks as if someone bought the myth that a 4WD can go anywhere.

I've seen snow like that in the U.S. (a number of different places).
I'm sure it's much worse over there and colder!

jackiemac said:
I'm sure it's much worse over there and colder!

Some places yes, some not nearly as bad as what you have there. A huge range of climates. Of course where you were parked last summer (Gros Ventre) is likely a few feet dee 8) ;D  ;) now...

We just got slammed with over a foot of lake effect snow (heavy, wet snow) in less than 36 hrs. Just another day for my area, though. And 4wd didnt skip a beat :)

As a Jeep owner, I'm somewhat disappointed to see a Land Rover stuck in what appears to be only a couple of feet of snow.

Of course a couple of feet of heavy, wet snow is a different animal than the same depth of light, dry snow (typical winter snow in Colorado).

In Arkansas we typically get wet heavy snow, followed by freezing rain, or just the freezing rain.  I've been known to chain up the front tires of the Jeep just to get up my driveway to the highway.  Of course if we've had an inch of freezing rain, I'll just stay home.
Hopefully this will be the last year I had to deal with any of that.  Plans are to be somewhere else when it snows next winter.

Old_Crow said:
As a Jeep owner, I'm somewhat disappointed to see a Land Rover stuck in what appears to be only a couple of feet of snow.
I have no idea why he even went down that road as it had been closed a short while earlier..... eejit!

Larry N. said:
Some places yes, some not nearly as bad as what you have there. A huge range of climates. Of course where you were parked last summer (Gros Ventre) is likely a few feet dee 8) ;D  ;) now...
Yes indeed, would love to see it in the snow but too cold for our TT.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom