We did it! New Motorhome from Lazydays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinaryBob

Moderator Emeritus
With retirement looming around the corner, we decided to trade the 2004 Suncruiser for a 2016 Adventurer. We knew the exact floor plan, amenities, and woodwork we wanted. Unfortunately, we knew getting this specific on a rig would involve travel to find it.

We found the exact rig we want at Lazydays Tucson that just came on the market.  I hired an independent certified inspector who spent an entire day on it and furnished a 78 page report. His findings were 14 minor, repairable issues.

My salesperson was Ricardo Carrasco. The finance manager is Pamela Schantz.
Ricardo?s offer and trade-in value was spot on. No haggling.

We took off Feb 19th from Minnesota and drove through freezing rain for two days at very slow speeds. In Kansas City the backup camera stopped working due to the ice. Finally arrive on Feb 22nd. All PDI issues taken care of extremely well. My trade in value was honored without a working backup camera.

They will put you up in the KOA nextdoor for several days at no charge in the event other issues come up, and drive to your site and address them.

The service team is exceptional. This has been a very pleasant, positive experience.

Great dealership by the sound of it. Congratulations on your new rig, exciting. Safe travels in it  ;D

Congrats Bob, now its time to start staying away from MN in the winter. Enjoy

Pics would be nice!! Our 2011 37F was first sold at LazyDays in Arizona. We love our floor plan. I wonder what improvements they made..if any..Have Fun!!!

So happy to hear about a positive delivery experience.  It happens!  :)

ArdraF

jagnweiner said:
Congrats!  Sorry I couldn't be there for the test drive this time.  ;D

LOL... I'll never forget your assistance.
While I'm no expert, we've come a long way from that knee knocking first test drive!

Thank you all for your kind comments.
Traveling from MN to AZ to buy a new rig was stressful.
We've wanted this specific model for some time. I had done my homework and knew what this rig sells for. (not list). I also knew what my 04's trade-in value was. I was pleasantly surprised that the numbers they offered were consistent with the market. They were serious about a sale and I took their offer with no bartering or BS.
With all of the negative posts about Camping World and other dealerships that take the money and run,  I am happy and relieved that in my experience, Lazydays seems committed to making sure you're satisfied post sale.

BinaryBob said:
LOL... I'll never forget your assistance.
While I'm no expert, we've come a long way from that knee knocking first test drive!

Didn't help that your first ever drive in a 37' Class A was in a 30 knot crosswind.  I seem to recall reassuring Mrs. Bob that "it's not usually this bad."

I hope to get together again  somewhere down the road in the next few years. 

Congrats on the new coach. We bought at Lazy Days in Tampa. Great buying experience, post sale immediately at delivery, a year of warranty issues and once in 2017 for general service. When we were just outside of Tucson last March we had a problem with the hot water heater. LD inTucson gave us an emergency appointment on 1 day's notice. Since we were still under warranty, we had them fix 5 other minor issues too.

BinaryBob said:
I hired an independent certified inspector who spent an entire day on it and furnished a 78 page report. His findings were 14 minor, repairable issues.
This has been a very pleasant, positive experience.

Congratulations! How does one go about finding/hiring a certified inspector? That sounds like an excellent approach for buying pre-owned.

jymbee said:
Congratulations! How does one go about finding/hiring a certified inspector? That sounds like an excellent approach for buying pre-owned.

https://nrvia.org
Click "find an inspector"
Enter first name and e-mail / leave the options unchecked.
Since the site is a database of inspectors, there is a process to verify you're not a mining bot.
Once you receive the e-mail verification link, you can look up by city and find their credentials.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom