rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Do people leave their dogs in a motor home while traveling?  (Read 2097 times)

whiteva

• ---
    • Nibbler the traveling squirrel
Re: Do people leave their dogs in a motor home while traveling?
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2018, 05:33:16 PM »
Shot records for the cat and dog are in the RV and on my phone. Never been asked to show them but times are changing.

Cheers
2008 Winnie 29TR, Class C
Me: RETIRED: Aerobatic flight instructor, RE Broker, EE,-
DW, Nan, works Finance for RV dealer. Travel short distances pulling 77' MGB on dolly.
 If not in the RV we are on the Sea Ray, with Boudreaux the dog-Nibbler the squirrel  & Shadeaux the black cat.

Bill N

• ---
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2018, 06:23:48 PM »
When we visit our daughter in Ontario we always cross at Port Huron and we have always been asked for the dog and cat vaccination papers.  I don't think the guy has ever actually read them but he does make us hand them over.

Bill
Bill & Joan N in Missouri
USAF (Ret - 1961-1981)
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 35U
Workhorse W22, 8.1L Chevy V8
2013 Chevy Sonic Toad
Furbearers:  Heidi-17(Forever), Cats: Grace-11 & Squeak-6, Winnie the ShihTzu - 16 mos

NY_Dutch

• ---
  • Following the warm weather!
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »
We crossed at Port Huron/Sarnia and Lewiston/Queenston probably a dozen times over the years with our dog, and never had to show her papers, even when we were sent for a random pick secondary inspection. One of the officers even showed my wife where she could walk the dog while we were waiting for another officer to finish checking out the coach. I don't recall if we were asked if we had them though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox base plate

wackymac

• ---
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »
We've never had any complains about our 2.5 cats barking.  They stay in the MH when we go sightseeing.  Our 1.5 cat, Rusty, is leash trained so we take him outside every so often.  In about 12 days he is going on his 17th trip across the U.S.
2002 Fleetwood Fiesta 31H, 2001 F53 Ford chassis
2002 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2wd
2 cats:
Rusty-11 year old red mackerel tabby with white, male, 24#,  leash trained.
Penny-10 year old black and white DLH, 15#, female.
Home base---Ocala, FL