How to reset Allison MD 3060 transmission controller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fast eddie

I recently changed the batteries in my RV and when i tried to start it it would not turn over I noticed that the transmission indicator was not lite up or operational I'm thinking that this may cause the starter not to turn over is there some sort of reset button or a fuse i have to look for please help

Thank you
Fast Eddie

This is, more than likely, a bad connection on the chassis battery (or batteries as the case may be). Check both ends of the wires, especially on the ground or chassis end, clean and reconnect as necessary.

Since you just changed batteries, my first thought is the same as Alfa38. However, it is also possible you momentarily shorted or reversed polarity and blew a fuse.  Somewhere in a rear compartment there will likely be a transmission computer (TCU or TCM) and some related black boxes with relays and fuses. Check all those too. Somebody might have more specific info if you identified the year/make/model of coach. The chassis builder leaves the transmission stuff bundled near the back but the coach builder actually attaches it somewhere within reach. Allison doesn't have any input on either - they just supplied the parts.

I located. The TCM and checked these relays all six of them were operational and the fuses were good as well how ever there's two resistors marked C1 and R1  also above them is says Neutral and Start i checked for continuity and the C1 has no continuity is it possible that this is the problem I would hate to spend the money for a new TCM and still have the issue

Thank you
Fast Eddie

Maybe these guys can help. I have not used them personally but person on Safari forum was happy with them so I kept link in case needed
http://www.rvshifters.com/

Thanks Robert from western NY i willl try them I used to live in western NY as well Go Bills

I believe I have a link to the troubleshooting manual.....http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/HE/HeavyEquipmentTech/2013-09-22_223029_allison_transmission_md3060_trouble-shooting.pdf

Great Horned Owl please explain the difference between a resistor and a capacitor when I checked with a probe I get a light on one side and not the other I checked with a multi tester I get no reading on the capacitor but on the resister I've lights on both ends and a reading with my multi tester please help

Thanks
Fast Eddie

That's not a simple question. A resistor is an element that impedes the flow of current, either AC, or DC., it doesn't care which. A capacitor is harder to explain. It impeds the flow of AC current. and (except for very short surges) completely blocks the flow of DC current. Those short surges enable it to by used in timer circuits, tuned filters, tuners, and many other applications. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor.

The measurements that you made are consistent  awith functioning capacitor. You can check out a capacitor if you have a meter that measures capacitance, but the measurement will not be meaningful unless one end of the capacitor is disconnected. Otherwise, you will be measuring the capacitance of the circuit. measuring a resistor while it is connected to a circuit is also not very meaningful.

Joel

Back
Top Bottom