Bad Weather Map by Month or Season

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oliver quibble

I have the opportunity to travel the US for the next few years in a Motorhome.

Each year I plan on leaving FL in March or April and returning in November.

How do I determine which months, states or specific areas in a state, have their bad/high risk weather season? This information could help me to be extra alert or possibly avoid traveling to a particular destination.

An example is:  Sept to Nov is typically Hurricane Season for the East Coast in states like VA, NC, SC, and  FL. While I wouldn't avoid those states during those months, but  I may stay more inland.

I have heard AL has a tornado season, as does OK and Kansas. Does anyone have those times of the year or the region?
What the months to be extra cautious?

Is there a site to discover this information? Or is there  a way to pose my question at the Weather Channel?

Am I making my quest understood?

I don't want to drive to an area and EVERYONE tell me "well you should have known this was the time we get floods (tornados).

I know weather is becoming more unpredictable everywhere, but I at least want to know how to avoid the "knowns" or the "high risk" months for states or the part of the state to avoid.

thanks
Oliver

Hi oliver quibble,

Pretty much from the end of March to the beginning of July there can be tornadoes from Texas through the mid west and the northern states from a northeast direction. Not something I would worry about too much but keep a close eye out for the bad weather. Perhaps looking at the NORA Weather maps would help and they put out alerts.

I'd be careful of driving in north western states after September as you can get stranded by snow in some places that are higher elevation. I guess just pay attention to the local TV stations or radio stations and check out the internet. I personally like the Intellicast for weather and you can click on the map for the area you are in.

Have fun in your adventure!

This is a duplicate topic. I've locked it so replies can continue in the other topic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom