Onan micro quiet 4000 fault code 29

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mjkowboy

OK. So I think I've read every post regarding my gen fault code 29. The gen set was running perfectly keeping us toasty warm while at a weekend long rodeo in below freezing weather when it simply died. My first thought was that I ran out of gas at 4 am. So I left the arena and drove to a gas station and realized I had fuel. I ran a diagnostic test and got fault code 29, not to mention the gen set won't turn over or at the least try and pump fuel. I knew I had an issue and I went to my manual and it said battery over voltage. Once daylight came around I checked the Batteries with a volt meter and they were fine. So here I am, another long rodeo this coming weekend and it's cold outside. Anyone have an idea what the issue might be? I disconnected the batteries for 24 hours with no luck after reconnecting them. It's a gas model KY- spec K gen set with 282 hours.

Welcome to the Forum!

I can't help with your question, but this reply WILL kick the thread back to the top of the board.

A quick Google, maybe this is your problem

Have you recently messed with the batteries?

Attachments

• code 29.JPG
    code 29.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 20
29 high battery voltage

I'd check your converter.  This can be done on shore power

Also the make/model of the converter

Finally if the voltages are good (IE 13.6-14 volt) the control board on the ONAN may be overly sensitive to voltage.. and need replacement.

It ended up being the converter on the coach side not the generator that was causing all the problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom