rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Almost up and running  (Read 495 times)

Rock Island Rider

• ---
Almost up and running
« on: March 04, 2018, 12:41:15 AM »
Ok folks its taken awhile finding my RV setup and I'm back.

I'm almost up and running with a 2017 4x4 Ram 3500 dually hauling a 9-6 Q SE Northern Lite camper.

Being a newbie I've yet to boondock with this rig as I monitor its fuel & liquid consumptions & discharges pulses along with my intakes, discharges & trash. 

Now parked and hooked up for the past 30 days working' on getting the unit as a whole more user friendly.

I just mounted a motorcycle carry rack on the front of the big bad boy Ram dually to hold a KTM 200 motorcycle.

Now waiting delivery of a Honda 2200i so I can test out a small lightweight washer/spin dry machine I just got that fits neatly into the campers closet for storage.

I removed the Crew cabs rear seat gaining 12" more of room, then I built a 14" raised platform to hold four big Sterolite food/suplies containers, and four 5 gal stackable drinking water containers and my full riding gear bag and backpack sit on top of the containers, all have tie downs.

I have lots of room under the platform for everyday items I need to get to easily.

I will be officially "on and off" the roads in mid March to start my grand adventure @ 77 y's old.

BTW  After living on the Big Island of Hawaii for forty years as Rock Island Rider racing off road motorcycles I had to completely reinvent myself for this RV Bucket List adventure.

Aloha!
Septuagenarian Wisdom> ~Pitch it sideways~

2017 Ram 3500 Diesel dually
2018 Northern Lite 9-6-Q SE
2011 KTM 200 off road M/C

DearMissMermaid

• ---
  • Read my mis-adventures at DearMissMermaid.Com
    • DearMissMermaid.Com
Re: Almost up and running
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 04:17:02 AM »
Congratulations!

Sounds like you are planning on some serious wilderness camping.

About garbage, use a can that holds the little grocery bags. Every time you stop for fuel or supplies there is generally a trash can around you can add your little bag of garbage. You want to keep that stuff moving out of the rig as often as possible, like daily.

http://DearMissMermaid.Com

Living, working. playing  in a 1992 Holiday Rambler Imperial 36' 5th Estate, formerly 8 years 24/7 in a Class C, 1994 Tioga Montara, 28'

Pack half the stuff and twice the cash.
http://dearmissmermaid.blogspot.com/