Almost up and running

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok folks its taken awhile finding my RV setup and I'm back.

I'm almost up and running with a 2017 4x4 Ram 3500 dually hauling a 9-6 Q SE Northern Lite camper.

Being a newbie I've yet to boondock with this rig as I monitor its fuel & liquid consumptions & discharges pulses along with my intakes, discharges & trash. 

Now parked and hooked up for the past 30 days working' on getting the unit as a whole more user friendly.

I just mounted a motorcycle carry rack on the front of the big bad boy Ram dually to hold a KTM 200 motorcycle.

Now waiting delivery of a Honda 2200i so I can test out a small lightweight washer/spin dry machine I just got that fits neatly into the campers closet for storage.

I removed the Crew cabs rear seat gaining 12" more of room, then I built a 14" raised platform to hold four big Sterolite food/suplies containers, and four 5 gal stackable drinking water containers and my full riding gear bag and backpack sit on top of the containers, all have tie downs.

I have lots of room under the platform for everyday items I need to get to easily.

I will be officially "on and off" the roads in mid March to start my grand adventure @ 77 y's old.

BTW  After living on the Big Island of Hawaii for forty years as Rock Island Rider racing off road motorcycles I had to completely reinvent myself for this RV Bucket List adventure.

Aloha!

Congratulations!

Sounds like you are planning on some serious wilderness camping.

About garbage, use a can that holds the little grocery bags. Every time you stop for fuel or supplies there is generally a trash can around you can add your little bag of garbage. You want to keep that stuff moving out of the rig as often as possible, like daily.

Back
Top Bottom