My new roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have owned my 20 year old fifth wheel for a whole year and I really love it and I really love the site I am staying in. So I am going to start putting down some serious roots and fixing up the RV. I got my income tax refund and immediately hired my RV mechanic to reseal my roof. He charged $950 and told me that it would be good for ten years. He used an entire five gallon bucket and put it on real thick. As you can see from the photos it was in desperate need of a reseal. The first 6 photos are before and the last 6 are after.

Attachments

• Roof 12b.jpg
    Roof 12b.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Roof 11b.jpg
    Roof 11b.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 80
  • Roof 10b.jpg
    Roof 10b.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 68
  • Roof 03b.jpg
    Roof 03b.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Roof 02b.jpg
    Roof 02b.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Roof 01b.jpg
    Roof 01b.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Roof 09.jpg
    Roof 09.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Roof 08.jpg
    Roof 08.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Roof 07.jpg
    Roof 07.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 69
  • Roof 06.jpg
    Roof 06.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Roof 05.jpg
    Roof 05.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Roof 04.jpg
    Roof 04.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 93
HOW MUCH????

A leaf blower would have fixed half of it!  Looks like all he did was paint it!  :D  8)  ::)

Looks good.  Hope it lasts forever.

The EPDM on the roof was down to black all over and it desperately needed to be resealed. He did a lot more than paint it. Worth every penny.

Yep and that is fine with me. I spend about three minutes in there a few times a week to take a shower, I don't go in there to read.

garyb1st said:
Tom, $950 is quite a bit for coating the roof.  Did he also caulk everything?
I would be willing to bet that there is no one I could have called that would have done it cheaper. Most mobile repairmen charge $125 an hour plus travel pay. The materials alone cost me $400. I purchased them from Amazon. His labor was $550 for 6 hours work. He also pressure washed the patio and did a great job. He is a good friend of mine and I would much prefer to support him than anyone else. Here is the Amazon listing for the Liquid Roof:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MRYN18E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the reviewers claimed he coated two 33 foot class As with one 5 gallon bucket and he had a half a gallon left over. Steve put the entire 5 gallons on my 33 footer so it is on really thick. Yes the caulked everything and replaced the missing vent covers and put a new refer vent cover on. He worked like a dog for his money and earned every cent.

Yep, it looks like your roof was about due. Looks like it will probably last a good while, and a lot less expensive than putting on new roof material.
One of our forum sponsors also sells this.

garyb1st said:
Sounds good.  Let me know when he'll be in the So Cal area.  ;)
I think never is the answer to that. One other thing is he is a musician and a guitar playing buddy of mine. He told me he will inspect the roof every six months and use the blower or power washer to clean off the leaves. He really is a good guy.

Good for you! Looks like a good job. By the way, thanks for your posts about reserving and seeing Yosemite. Because of your excellent posts I was able to book a great spot for early May for four days. Should be a great time.

Glad you found a park worthy of putting down roots.

keymastr said:
Good for you! Looks like a good job. By the way, thanks for your posts about reserving and seeing Yosemite. Because of your excellent posts I was able to book a great spot for early May for four days. Should be a great time.

Glad you found a park worthy of putting down roots.
You are welcome Key. I am glad it worked out for you. Have you ever been to Yosemite?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom