Outdoor TV Mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaunsmo

Has anyone mounted a TV in their outdoor kitchen similar to this?

If not, does anyone have any other outdoor TV mounting ideas? We take our camper to numerous sporting events and this is a necessity.  Pictures will help....

2018 FR Salem 32BHDS

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    111.7 KB · Views: 57
I would buy something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/AKARY-Antenna-Indoor-Upgraded-Version/dp/B071VGBTK6/ref=sr_1_13?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1520305424&sr=1-13&keywords=tv+antenna

and sit it on top of the TV. In some areas you might want to manually put it on the roof of the RV.

Tom, you have some of that instant last night?  ;D They want to mount a television outside, not an antenna.

Other than removing everything and mounting a small tv in the cabinet, it doesn't look like you have a lot of options. One hing I just remembered, on my last trailer, the inside television would slip up off of the mount, and then slip down on a small plastic mount on the outside. Something like that may work for you.

The TVs in my FW are mounted to a swivel "floor" mount in the proper cavity.  Very stable.

What about mounting a larger TV to a similar mount on a piece of ?" or ?" plywood, cut to fit around the plumbing and other obstructions?  It can be moved inside and laid on the bed for travel.  Something like this

https://smile.amazon.com/InstallerParts-Ceiling-LCD-504A-Displays-Insignia/dp/B008I91MRU/ref=sr_1_2?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1520386991&sr=1-2&keywords=tv+mount&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_two_browse-bin%3A6150415011

but mount up side down  ;D

I have an outdoor kitchen that looks pretty similar to yours. I took out the wall cabinet and mounted a 36-inch Panasonic tv on the wall where the cabinet was. I used the same wall mount you would use at home. (eBay, Amazon etc) The mount swivels and tilts and allows me to pull the tv off the wall per se so I can watch it an angle. I mounted it with lag bolts thru the entire thin wall stud and the nut is on the inside in bunk area. I purchased a satellite dish (King) which I hook up so I can watch whatever I want. My next idea is to remove the outdoor fridge (which I rarely use) for more countertop space.

1. Use bolts to mount it
2. Get a swivel mount that allows it to be moved and adjusted for sun glare etc.
3. Get a good chair to kick back in and watch tv in.
4. Get ready for people to stop by and check the game scores or just gawk and say wow nice setup!
5. Put the biggest tv you can fit in the spot.

Make sure to run coaxial from the main tv in the living room under the cabinet and thru floor to this tv outside so you can get a signal to watch.

I looked up what I had in/on the trailer I referenced in an earlier post. It was a PAW mount.

https://www.amazon.com/PAW-International-Bracket-Piece-Black/dp/B01GTYXEDU

Back
Top Bottom