Dash TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcp1964

We have just purchased a 2004 Fleetwood Terra 26Q Class A.  It has a dash mounted tv that I want to take out, put something in it's place, and install a new tv in a different location.  I am sure some of you have done this, and I would appreciate any help on how to accomplish this.  I have not started on the removal as yet because I didn't want to start until I have some insight.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Mike

I can't give much advice except that I added a TV lift and TV behind the drivers side couch. Bigger coach than yours, but most anything is doable with enough imagination and $$.

With TV's much lighter and cheap it's easier than it use to be.

I used a table mount to attach a TV in my Class C that faced the chairs. Before the TV location faced the booth.

The table mount was designed and advertised as a computer monitor mount, but had the standard VESA mount for a TV.

In this manner I could turn the TV towards the club chairs (no couch in mine) or the booth or the kitchen or the cab over bunk.  Super handy and I enjoyed it.

When it was not in use I could fold it flat and used a continuous bungee cord to hold it in place when driving.

I have seen several folks remove the TV from the dash and replace it with an electric fireplace for ambiance and heat. Others just turn it into a storage area.

In my bedroom there was a fold out table for the old style clunky TV, but I installed an articulating wall mount. I could aim the TV to face the bed in different directions. For instance when I was laid up with casts and braces (living in my RV) I could aim the TV while I plopped up in bed sideways with a pile of pillows, like a lounge chair, other times I had to switch my head and foot (reverse my sleeping direction) because of the cast. The articulating wall mount meant the TV could aim any which way I chose.

Think outside the box, you might come up with great solutions, better than what many typical RV's provide.

Currently in my 5th wheel, the prior owner took the TV with him.

I am using the display monitor mount (moved over from the Class C)  to attach the TV to the corner hutch above the fireplace. I love it that the TV can be aimed and moved to suit the couch, or dining area or kitchen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L171KW

Below are some pics from 5th wheel, sorry about the mess, but I am juggling many projects. That racing black and white vinyl is destined for the storage shed, floor but was pressed into temporary use in the dining area, because I tore out the damaged carpet ahead of schedule.

The TV can be aimed and moved to suit where ever I want to see it. Right now it hides a ton of work-in-progress piled up on the cabinet behind it.

Attachments

• display mount for tv or monitor.jpg
    display mount for tv or monitor.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 15
  • TV in home position.JPG
    TV in home position.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 31
  • TV put away.jpg
    TV put away.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 31
  • TV swung to side.JPG
    TV swung to side.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
Thanks for sharing your experiences with me.  We are still in the getting familiar stage with the motorhome, and have not yet tried any dismantling, but will be doing so after clean-up, etc.  As I start, I will re-post about how it goes.  Again, thanks for the useful information.  It's helps to be able to pull knowledge from those of you who have been where I am now.    Thank you

Back
Top Bottom