Propane brass tee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksmoody

I would like to install a brass propane tee on my rig between the tank and the regulator to connect an external BBQ.
What is the difference between POL or ACME threads. I'm not sure which thread I need.
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Tioga.

This site can explain it better than I can:

http://rvbasics.com/techtips/rv-propane-tank-valves.html

ksmoody said:
I would like to install a brass propane tee on my rig between the tank and the regulator to connect an external BBQ.
What is the difference between POL or ACME threads. I'm not sure which thread I need.
I have a 2008 Fleetwood Tioga.

On the other end of the short hose, it's probably a pipe thread (tapererd). That's where you'd want to install it.

You should use a "T" designed for the job. Extend-a-Stay used to be made by Marshall Brass,  (Also Extend-a-flow, a bit cheaper for units where the tanks can be removed) but I think they dropped that line.

Stay-A-While is a nearly identicly product, I think Mr. Heater makes it

If you go into most any RV store and ask a Person over 40 for "Extend-a-stay" good chance they will get you where you want to go

POL connectors (Prest-O-Lite) Screw INTO the tank valve, and are left hand threaded, hence the nickname Put On Left

Acme has a big Plastic NUT that screws ONTO the tank valve. Other features as well

Most Mounted tanks should have POL if I'm not mistaken,  but I may very well be Mistaken. ACME is used for Removable (Trailer) Tanks.  NOTE the standard ACME valve will accept a POL fitting.

POL is an acronym for Petroleum,  Oil, and Lubricants.

ChasA said:
POL is an acronym for Petroleum,  Oil, and Lubricants.

I hadn't heard that before. Like John, it was my understanding that it was from Prest-O-Lite, as they were the ones that developed the fitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom