Penn. DOT banning RVs Due to storm starting at Midnight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've imposed a personal travel ban for tomorrow - they're calling for up to 18 inches of snow. This would be a real good time for the weather geeks to be wrong.

I wish that you folks would share a little of that ?white stuff? our way. It?s looking like a dry year on the way!

One time only have I ever driven into a blizzard.. Well as it got whiter and scarier I started watching for a specific sign (Utah Cooporative Rest Stop)  And found a place to overnight.. At the back end of a very large parking lot,, Next AM I woke up and walked to the corporate part of the rest stop (A restaurant) where they were showing the news. about all the cars in the street.

They were not lying.. About half a mile north of where I pulled off for the night,, at least one car every 100 feet for several miles.. then I exited and took city streets to Motosat.

Memtb said:
    I wish that you folks would share a little of that ?white stuff? our way. It?s looking like a dry year on the way!

I'll call my cousin in Montgomery County, New York. They got 30 inches last weekend.

We followed the last storm home from N Carolina to home WNY. 2' of snow the day before we got home.I just had the winds to deal with 30 -40 50+ gusts dry roads.

I check the PA web site frequently, and I think all states have a similar site.

http://www.511pa.com

you can click different overlays to see things like travel restrictions ect.  I like checking the cameras to see if there really is a problem.

I drove thru the Delaware Water Gap on I-80 (Pocono Region) during a blizzard one night.  11 inches of snow fell in an hour.  At first I was following a big rig going 10 mph, then 5.  After awhile I couldn't keep up with him and lost sight of everything except those reflectors along the road.  So I followed them and watched my mirror to see what was going to hit me.  Then all of a sudden I came upon a STOP sign!  I went right up an off ramp and didn't know it.  So turned left and came across a truck stop and parked there for an hour.  Very bad feelings from what I saw at the truck stop, and had wife & kids in the van.  After an hour saw penndot plows on 80 go by so I went back out and drove to a rest area.  spent a couple hours there.

Not yet, Soon!

Back
Top Bottom