politics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aye Bill, there are a few folks I'd love to add to my 'ignore' list (in your Profile) but, as Admin, I have no choice but to see all forum posts.

HOLY COW! This has been one roller coaster of a thread! I just stumbled over it and ended up drinking 3 cups of coffee while reading it.  My teeth are clattering from the caffeine overdose!

I think it fair to say everyone here has slipped up at one time or another. Myself included.
Can't we all just get along? Yes we can! If we all just put our mind to it.

Back to politics in an RV context...

How can you talk about Rv things without getting into politics,    When one the favorite places to go in an RV could be California or Detroit ?

and whenever you talk about a RV related problem in a state or place,  it could be politically affected or related.....so someone always get their feelings hurt.

Everyone is too politically polarized.    Guns, politics, religion...  Americans should be fighting to fix the problems,  and not fighting for a team.

TonyDtorch said:
How can you talk about Rv things without getting into politics, 

Well, somehow I've managed over 2000 posts (not including when I was on in the CompuServe days) without getting into politics. But I'm new - Gary, our RV Wizard, is just about to pass 62,000 posts, and somehow he's managed to follow the rules as well. There isn't a question about whether or not politics can be discussed on the forum, so raising the point is..... pointless.

Tom and Margi said:
Enough is enough.

:))

SargeW said:
Now moving on......

:))

Tom said:
Tony left a farewell message.

Tony and I had our disagreements but I'm sad he left the forum. I left for a short period last year, took a break. Found I missed it. I do enjoy a good political argument but this isn't the place for it. I can go to FB and argue. Maybe Tony will reconsider like I did. Hopefully so.

Hey, there is not many more opinionated than me, but I learned my lesson quite a while ago that you only make a fool of yourself by charging into these types of discussions.  I hate to see anyone leave, but sometimes people need to take the break Oldgator referenced, then come back with a different attitude.  Hope so!

Ed

Someone mentioned "California or Detrtoit"...

I kind of feel the need to commernt on that. You see. I was born in California, and you see my screen name.

If you post something critical of either location.. I won't mind
If you post something praising either location.. I might say "Thank you" but unlikely.

In short. in neither case will I be offended.

Two rules some science fiction author purposed as all the rules you need.

1: Do not, unnecessarily offend others.
2: Do not be too easily offended.

The only thing that truly offends me are liars and con-artists.

[quote author=kdbgoat]Wish I never started the topic now.[/quote]

Don't regret it. This was a good discussion, and opened up some folks to how they're perceived by others.

kdbgoat said:
Wish I never started the topic now.

Please don't regret starting the topic.  It was a subject whose time had come and I think the forum is better for the discussion.

HOLY COW! This has been one roller coaster of a thread!
I think it fair to say everyone here has slipped up at one time or another. Myself included.
This has been a frustrating topic to follow. Started out great, but then a few self righteous people had to get involved, as they always do and the topic went in the toilet from there. And I?m NOT talking about the Forum Staff or our Administrator. They do a great job of moderating this forum. Everyone else should let them do their job. I?ve seen topics closed because someone with no interest in the topic, but wasn?t happy with a few posts got the staff involved and then the topic was closed.

As to guns, I?ve read all the rules and I don?t see any rule specifically excluding posting about guns. If I missed it please show me the rule, and I will apologize.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom