Tiny Bubbles on Roof

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Willowraley

on our Keystone Bullet we have a ton of Bubbles all over the rubber roof.  What could that be from?  We have had it covered under a tarp for several months.

Can't post a photo, it's at Camping World.  We were just hoping somone could give us a reason this might happen.  They are saying we should replace the roof, os trying to do a little research before we commit to tha.

Mine was the same way when I bought it and found that since it had been kept under cover that condensation had formed under the roof coating. All the bubbles went away with it sitting in the sun for a couple of days and they haven't come back. Hope this helps.

yes, that is very helpful to know.  Maybe we should just bring it back home and leave it uncovered for awhile and see if it helps.

It depends on the size of the bubbles and where they are located. Bubbles are caused by lack of adhesion of the rubber membrane, and are considered somewhat normal.

However, if the bubbles expand and continue to grow in size, they can cause the membrane to completely separate. This doesn't necessarily mean that the roof needs to be replaced. We had an entire front section of our roof membrane separate, causing a minor leak. We were able to have it repaired - they removed edge moulding and peeled the membrane back to a point where the adhesive was good. After a couple of days with fans blowing to dry everything, they glued the membrane back in place. The job cost $1,100, certainly much less than a new roof.

I've seen where people have pierced bubbles with a small hole to inject adhesive, then sealed it with Dicor. Can't comment on it being successful, but it does seem plausible.

Camping World says they are all over the roof.  She called them tiny bubbles and suggests a new roof.

I would think that it's not an emergency that needs immediate attention. Don't let them scare you into an expensive decision.

Bring the unit home: post some pictures here, or at least obtain a second opinion.

Willowraley said:
Camping World says they are all over the roof.  She called them tiny bubbles and suggests a new roof.

Mine were all over the roof too but went away. Just sayin. I don't trust Camping world for anything, been burnt several times by them.

Thinks do need to breath.  tarp, with an approved breathable material. 
Bubbles, I too agree, I'd let sit out in the sunlight for some time, probably will take a week or less in good warm, dry, sunny weather.
Should you really feel the need, I would 1000% percent recommend getting a second opinion other that CW, they tend to have a sketchy track record among members, and some locations might do unnecessary work if they think they can get away with it.

wijames2002 said:
Mine were all over the roof too but went away. Just sayin. I don't trust Camping world for anything, been burnt several times by them.
I take it you didn't have any problems with the roof once bubbles disappeared?  No leaks etc? Just curious.

jackiemac said:
I take it you didn't have any problems with the roof once bubbles disappeared?  No leaks etc? Just curious.

No problems. I did re-seal it several months later as a precaution but no leaks(other than an old Satellite dish mount)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom