Best route from Pahrump NV to Ely NV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc4668

We are planning a 8 week trip leaving in June with the first stop in Ely NV. What is the best route 6 or 93.

Thanks for any input

Google maps says it's 31 miles further to take Rt95/6.

I have driven 93 and 95 both. 93 is some of the most desolate highway I've ever been on. You can drive for hours and never see another vehicle.

I've never been on 6 so don't know anything about it. Hope one of the other members that's been across it will chime in.

Make sure you have enough fuel as I've heard some of the NV routes have very few gas stations...

jackiemac said:
Make sure you have enough fuel as I've heard some of the NV routes have very few gas stations...

If you decide to go up 93. Once you leave Las Vegas, the only place you MIGHT be able to get fuel is at Alamo or Lund until you get to Ely.

Alaskansnowbirds said:
If you decide to go up 93. Once you leave Las Vegas, the only place you MIGHT be able to get fuel is at Alamo or Lund until you get to Ely.

Did you mean 93, then turn left on 318 at Crystal Springs?  I agree, 318 is desolate.  If you stay on 93, fuel and food and a reasonable RV park is available in Caliente, a railroad town at the halfway point.  There's also a Love's Truck Stop at 93 and I-15.

If your intention is to make a direct run from Pahrump to Ely, I'd go north on 95 to Tonopah, then turn east on US 6.  It's an easy run from Pahrump to Tonopah and you'll find restaurants and fuel there.  Again, Tonopah is about midway between Pahrump and Ely.  US 6 is a good road also.  When you pass through Goldfield, stop and walk through the Goldfield Hotel if it's open.  They're in the process of restoring it.

Otherwise it's about a tossup either way.  US 93 is a bit more scenic, IMO and you have the option to stop overnight in Caliente.  But having to drive through Las Vegas traffic can kill any time saved.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom