Grill

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimdamedic

I am looking for a grill that will connect into our 5th wheel propane supply. I believe called low pressure grills. It must be table mountable and it must be big enough to cook for 4 adults. I don?t want to put a mounting rail on the side of the camper. Any recommendations? 

In addition to any replies you receive, the Search button above will find a number of prior discussions on this subject. Use "grill" as the search term. Alternately, search on "BBQ".

Jimdamedic said:
I am looking for a grill that will connect into our 5th wheel propane supply. I believe called low pressure grills. It must be table mountable and it must be big enough to cook for 4 adults. I don?t want to put a mounting rail on the side of the camper. Any recommendations?
They sell one with a bumper mount.

my old popup had a low pressure grill that was made to hang on the side and hook into the low pressure LP line.

my advice.
Forget about it.

That thing would take 30 minutes to cook an egg.

Exaggeration of course...
but seriously, it wouldn't get hot enough to really be a grill

I'd rather have a high pressure one any day.... and personally unless you grille a lot...as in almost every meal, I'd just assume use the disposable cylinders

regardless
WeberQ series is, or at least used to be, very popular...although I can't give you feedback based on 1st hand experience... and they can adapt to an RV's LP system.

Sorry to make this complex, but you can connect a grill to either the high pressure or low pressure side of the 5W LP system, Basically that means before or after the RVs gas pressure regulator. Do you already have a Tee installed? If so, which side of the regulator?  If not, you need to add the Tee and have a location choice to make.

If the Tee is downstream from the regulator, you need a low pressure grill, meaning one that does NOT use the small disposable bottles. The ones that use the small bottles have their own regulator built in and require high pressure. Unfortunately, most table top grills are of that type. It's possible to convert some of those grills to low pressure use if you are handy, and there are YouTube videos describing the procedure.

My personal opinion is that connecting a table top grill to the RV system is more a nuisance than a help.  The table has to be close enough to the RV to suit the length of the connecting hose and the hose too often ends up in the path of people getting to the table.  If you don't want to carry a couple of the small bottles, consider buying a 5 lb or 10 lb LP tank and a short hose, maybe 5 ft. You can place the grill anywhere and sit the small/light LP bottle under the table or at any convenient spot. The little 5 lb bottle takes little room in the RV or tow vehicle and lasts a long time.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Worthington-Pro-Grade-4-25-lb-Empty-Propane-Tank-281149/202034835

I use a Camco Olympian stainless grill it has the low pressure to hook into the rv port.
I bought a regulator and hose so i can connect it to a 20lb cylinder for added flexibility, 

I have a two burner for the camper I bought at Costco. Stainless Steel outside, nice heavy grill rack, push button light. For 100.00 its awesome. It'll cook for a family easily. Most portables are one burner, thus slow cook times are to be expected,,,gregg

I use a "Smoke Hollow VT280SS1 Vector 3-Burner Tabletop Propane Gas Grill with Smoke Tray" as I do all our cooking outside and having the 2 burners (3rd burner for the smoker) I can control the cooking temperature and thus the cooking time. Turning off one burner and cooking indirectly reduces burning an flair ups, producing a quality product.

As previously stated a 1 burner cooks slower and difficult to control temperature

I haven't tried the smoker yet, but will in time.

Cooks well and quickly, easy to clean.

I have had this same Smoke Hollow Vector unit for 2 years and set up on a folding table and use 5gal propane tank.  I have used the wood chip tray and have "smoked" salmon, chicken, porkchops as well as grilled fish, burgers, brats,etc.  Its a perfect size for 4 people.  I wouldn't trade this unit for anything else. The last round of smoked salmon turned out so good that people couldn't believe I did on this little grill/smoker

Back
Top Bottom