"The Maiden Voyage"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Runamuck

Hi All !!!

Well were back (safe & Sound) from our First Outing with the new truck.

IT WENT GREAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(Thank's to you all we were ready for dang near EVERYTHING!)

Momma's Swim-suit---I didn't know I had to check it in.  ;D LOL ;D

We ran up the road like 50 miles to the KOA at Lion Country Safari.

We arrived about 6:30 & had Never hooked up before this well it was No-where near as bad as I thought it would be.  The Awning was a snap after doing research here ;),,,the Crapper line  NO-prob ( Well we need a new one since while dumping I saw it had a small leak.)

The things that I was not sure of were I think I messed up & didn't get the gray tank :-[ :-[ :-[I pulled the handle but I guess not far enuff.

And I think we were running off the "Tank" water even know I was hooked up to the parks water.
(I was not sure how hard to turn on the water at the Valve) It's about Empty now when I checked.

And I told Mary (my Wife) I didn't think we needed the Pump while hooked up to city water.
(I could hear it every time we used any water,,,Sink's & crapper)

All-in-All-----it went WAY better than I had thought it would go !!!

So THANK  YOU all for your Knowledge.

LOL---I may not know much about RV's  but LOL there was a guy in a "Pepsi" truck a 48 ft trailer & tractor who--

for lack of the words was DUH on how to back it in, While we were going round & round looking for a spot I was

like do you believe this guy??  So after we found a spot he's dam near Jack-knifed so I said Dude get out I'll put it

in there for you  he says NO way --then promply backed into the FENCE! 

Then he says OK--I need help---I pulled forward made my set and Pounded it in ONE shot!

The guards in golf carts (Now about 1/2 dozen) were Dieing laughing

the Mirrors when I was str8 were off so bad I was looking at the side of the trailer & I told him when trying to

bend one back around in the spot we were at try to "Point the trailer the way you want to push it not just stop &

shoot".LOL

I'll try to add some Pictures tomorrow  I'm going to bed LOL  (Long week-end) ;D ::) ;D

Sounds like the maiden voyage was a success.

And no, you don't use the pump when on city water, though you certainly can if you think you need a pressure boost. But it will run every time and eventually use all the water from the fresh tank - it is not replenished on the fly.

Get a good quality sewer hose, like a Rhino or Duprey and you will get years of service. The run-of-the mill hoses will only last a use or two if you drag them over rough ground or concrete.

As for your gray tank, maybe the handle or valve is broken or disconnected. It only comes out a few inches, so it does not seem likely you didn't pull it far enough.

Only a liitle comment here re Park water pressure.

I was hooked up to the parks water.
(I was not sure how hard to turn on the water at the Valve)

Partially turning on the park tap only reduces the flow of water, not the pressure, which may be too high. When you are not using water in the RV, the pressure in the piping will build up to the max. pressure.

To ensure a safe pressure,use a small regulator, which you attach to the park faucet and then to your hose. Most are preset for 40-50 lbs. The regulators are available in any RV store for about $ 10-15, I think.

Hope this makes sense.

carson FL  87.8F

oops, the quote is only the first two lines.

Fixed it  ;D

While the cheap brass regulators sold in RV stores will reduce the water pressure in the RV water system, they will also severely reduce the flow rate.  These devices are usually designed for irrigation systems where flow rate isn't as critical.  For good pressure regulation and to maintain a usable flow rate, get a whole house regulator like those made by Cash-Acme or Watts.  These are available from most home improvement centers.  You will need a few adapters to attach a hose and to attach the regulator to the water spigot, but these are also available in the same stores.  Do attach the regulator to the spigot and not at the other end of the hose so you protect the hose as well as the RV water system.  An inline pressure gauge will help in adjusting the regulator and also alert you to excessively high pressures.

Live and learn,  thanks Ned.  I also carry a little screw-on gauge and measure before I hook up.

carson.

ps: looks like someone fixed my post, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom