The Shade Tree by another name

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
In a private discussion with another forum member, I was reminded of something from RVing in the olde country...

When my parents attended monthly rallies in different locations with their RV club (aka caravan club), long before the days of the internet/world wide web, every morning they'd gather around their portable flagpole, coffee in hand, for some friendly chit chat. They even had a name for it - "coffee around the flag", their equivalent of our Shade Tree.

Our Shade Tree was originally conceived as a place for unstructured/freewheeling social chat, like you'd have with other RVers at a campground, maybe with a cup of coffee in one hand. You may or may not learn anything about RVing, but it's a good place to get caught up, and maybe boast about your kids or grandkids.

I have used it often since I found it.  Find that a lot of subjects just don't fit in any RV area.  Good place to shoot the breeze.

Bill

Can we talk about pressure cookers ?      (it's a joke  ;) )

Similarly, we have a Virtual Campfire every Wednesday night with lots of friendly banter and a few serious questions.  We welcome any or all who would care to join in.

Ed

TonyDtorch said:
Can we talk about pressure cookers ?      (it's a joke  ;) )
What the Shade Tree needs is a good toilet paper discussion.  They put politics, religion and guns to shame.

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom