Stillborn Travel Supreme Avalon Class A Diesel Pusher Model

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Truck451

Does anyone, by any chance; have any information on the stillborn Travel Supreme Avalon Class A Diesel Pusher Model that was to be built on a Freightliner chassis, and was to serve as the company's entry-level motorhome?
And obviously, it would have seen the light of day if Travel Supreme had never filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy; and subsequently closed its doors during the late 2000's recession.
This coach was scheduled to be introduced at the beginning of the 2009 model year before TS had closed its doors.
I assume that as this coach was to be TS's savior for the company's potential survival in the late 2000's and beyond, and as TS had never before built an entry-level motorhome of any sorts; and had always "put their eggs in the baskets" of the Premium Class A Diesel Pusher and Fifth-Wheel Towable markets, that it probably would have been built to compete head-to-head with other coaches such as Fleetwood's Discovery and the position that Winnebago's Tour and Itasca's Horizon were both, at this time-their mid-level Diesel Pusher models; slotted in between the Journey/Meridian and the Vectra/Ellipse?

Here's two for sale, a 2007 and a 2008 for only $240,000 and $220,000

https://www.rvusa.com/rv-directory/indiana/travel-supreme-wakarusa-in-46573-4370

Wow this is the first thread I have seen about Travel Supreme since I bought a TS fiver last year. It is extremely well built. The cabinets in here are a real thing of beauty. Gorgeous finish, high quality pulls, latches and hinges. It is 33 feet and sits on three axles. The unit is unbelievably solid. I don't have the jacks down and it is as solid as a rock. I have not found one thing that is a negative towards TS. And they have the same initials as me. ;D

Try using the Search button above, and put your search term in parenthesis:

Search "for this".

SeilerBird said:
Wow this is the first thread I have seen about Travel Supreme since I bought a TS fiver last year. It is extremely well built. The cabinets in here are a real thing of beauty. Gorgeous finish, high quality pulls, latches and hinges. It is 33 feet and sits on three axles. The unit is unbelievably solid. I don't have the jacks down and it is as solid as a rock. I have not found one thing that is a negative towards TS. And they have the same initials as me. ;D

I didn't realize you bought a Travel Supreme. I tried to look at some of their used 5th wheels as they seemed to be well built from the knowledge I was accumulating.  One sold rather quickly, another was priced beyond me, and the third I was seriously interested in but the seller was playing some strange games that made me wonder if he truly had the right to sell it. I was trying to find someone to go with me to look at it, because his strange antics had me worried that I should consider safety in numbers even though it was in a fairly nice RV park at the time. Meanwhile I stumbled into the Holiday Rambler, which I bought, so that was the end of the Travel Supreme search. Glad you found yours to be such a terrific asset!

I haven't seen any more information about the Avalon than what you already know.  As I recall, there were some partially finished coaches that were sold off as part of the assets, but not sure if a prototype Avalon was among them, or where they ended up.  Jayco ended up buying much of the former travel Supreme, but what they got was mostly the factory, tooling, and raw materials. I see nothing about unfinished coaches or prototypes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom