Lp detector beeping only when camper is plugged into truck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AmyDS

We have a new to us Lance 1130 with solar panels and dual batteries. It has been stored for a few weeks without being plugged in, just using solar panels to keep everything charged with no issues. Loaded it on the truck, plugged it in and drove an hour. After sitting on the truck for about 24 hours still plugged in and not being used the LP alarm started beeping (no gas is on and alarm indicates it's a low voltage issue). The solar panels were charging perfectly, camper batteries were fully charged. Unplugged the camper from the truck and no more beeping. Does the LP detector bypass the camper batteries when the truck is plugged in? Could there be a short? We've had trouble with the truck blowing fuses for trailer lights in the past and not charging our previous camper battery when traveling.
Any advice on what could be wrong would be much appreciated.  :)

I should clarify that by plugged in I mean connected to truck plug in. We have a connection in our truck bed (Ford F250 diesel) and another at the tailgate. We use the connection in the bed. Occasionally the lights outside won?t work after it?s connected and we have to jiggle the connection (7 pin).
***update*** It started beeping again this morning on just the camper battery which shows one fully charged and on battery with 0, if I?m reading it correctly. So possible I need a new detector (it?s an 08) or batteries. We have a dry camping trip coming up and I want to sleep without the siren alarm.

You got me thinking about the sniffers we would use in confined space areas at work. the elements in the sniffer/meter had a shelf life. It looks like our LP sensors in RV do too.  a quick google came up with this,,,,,https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lp+detector+in+a+rv&view=detail&mid=F3A71A063EC32A76BAD7F3A71A063EC32A76BAD7&FORM=VIRE

Back
Top Bottom