Slide Misaligned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvan

Hello, I have an issue with my slide, it is misaligned by about 2? from top to bottom, that is to say when closed, it is tight at the top and a 2? gap at the bottom! It?s been sitting in the driveway with the slide open for about a month, I just noticed it when I went to close the slide. I?m pretty handy so I may be able to fix it myself, I just want to get some of the abundant wisdom here first. I believe it is a schwintek type, it has rails on each side, top & bottom. I?ve tried you tube, but nothing I?ve seen on there has worked.

Schwintek drives the top and bottom gears on each side through a shaft connecting them together.  Sounds like either a drive gear has skipped a notch or two on one of the drive rails, or the shaft has slipped letting the top and bottom gears fall out of alignment with each other.

Most of the troubleshooting tips deal with left to right side misalignment, and resetting the controller to bring them back into alignment.  This sounds more like a physical problem between the top and bottom slide rails.

See if you can locate a locking pin or screw on the connecting shaft, if you can try loosening the shafts on both sides of the slideout so you can move the top and bottom rails independently, then push the slide back into vertical alignment (i.e. all the way closed so the outside is flush against the wall of the trailer) and tighten things back up.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, I'd contact Schwintek for more information.

Lou Schneider said:
Schwintek drives the top and bottom gears on each side through a shaft connecting them together.  Sounds like either a drive gear has skipped a notch or two on one of the drive rails, or the shaft has slipped letting the top and bottom gears fall out of alignment with each other.

Most of the troubleshooting tips deal with left to right side misalignment, and resetting the controller to bring them back into alignment.  This sounds more like a physical problem between the top and bottom slide rails.

See if you can locate a locking pin or screw on the connecting shaft, if you can try loosening the shafts on both sides of the slideout so you can move the top and bottom rails independently, then push the slide back into vertical alignment (i.e. all the way closed so the outside is flush against the wall of the trailer) and tighten things back up.

Sorry I can't be more specific than that, I'd contact Schwintek for more information.

Thanks Lou, that?s pretty much the same line of thinking I was having. I?ll dig into it a bit this weekend and see what I can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom