200000 Miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Terry A. Brewer

After 19 years I finally turned over 200000 miles in my 1999 Country Coach Magna, in Jim Johnsons beautiful state of Alabama... I am the original owner and picked up my coach at the factory in Junction City, Or.

Fun Facts...

Cat C-10, 385 hp, 1350 torque

MPG 8.0
Gallons Used................... 24998.03
Total fuel Cost.................$71,871.41
Average cost per gallon... $2.873
Low Price........................$.99
High Price.......................$6.45

Attachments

• 200000 Magna odometer 2018.jpg
    200000 Magna odometer 2018.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 141
Love it!!!  You beat us by a little over 90,000 miles but took at least 8 more years to do it.  ;D  That's the way to use a motorhome!

Yes they have been trouble free with the exception of a leaking oil pan gasket.

All the engine coolant hoses have been replaced for preventative maintenance and all 8 air bags have been replaced along with the ride height valves.

Congratulations Terry, I remember when you brought the new rig out to Quartzsite over the millenium. That's pretty snazzy for a 1999 dashboard, did you upgrade it at some point?

We're only 140,000 miles behind you.  We're trying to catch up as fast as we can.

Good to know these things can last that long. . . ..

Larry,

We love it when an RV sale person tells you "that Diesel Engine will do  1 million miles."  But when you go to trade it in , the story changes to ...50,000 must be a piece of junk.

We are  very happy with our now " vintage"  rig.  Terry has been  meticulous with  maintenance issues and repairs before they  became  too big.  We have had her repainted, two sets of sofas, new carpet, new counter tops, new batteries ( a few times) New cabinetry for dest/dinette areas, new stove  top, new residential refrigerator, new glass dash  , new slide trays on and on....

Still less expensive than a new rig for us. 

Humanaquarian said:
That fuel cost though... wow! Could pay off my student loans with that!

But consider that we have had her for nearly 20 years. When  one counts up the cost of anything they did  for 20 years it's going to  be mind blowing.  (Thinking of how much I've spent on  having my nails done over the years.)

WOW!  Great testament to what good care will do for longevity.

BTL  Certainly you did not use your cell phone to take a pic while driving down the hi way at 50 MPH!!  8)  ;D

Lou

>>That's pretty snazzy for a 1999 dashboard, did you upgrade it at some point?<<

Yes, it is a Silverleaf glass dash.

Grashley

>>BTL  Certainly you did not use your cell phone to take a pic while driving down the hi way at 50 MPH!! <<

Yes, I had to record the exact moment, I did slow down from 62mph though.<G>

Jim

No time to stop & visit or sight-see, we are on our way to the FMCA Rally in Perry,GA and had limited time to get there due to a Jeep Rally in Lake Havasu, AZ.

Human

>>That fuel cost though... wow! Could pay off my student loans with that!<<

That's why we always say Rving isn't CHEAP....

Humanaquarian said:
That fuel cost though... wow! Could pay off my student loans with that!

Spread out over 19 years, that's about $3800 a year, $300 a month or $10 a day.

Doesn't sound so bad when you break it down.

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jim

No time to stop & visit or sight-see, we are on our way to the FMCA Rally in Perry,GA and had limited time to get there due to a Jeep Rally in Lake Havasu, AZ.

When is the Jeep Rally in LHC?  Or did it already happen?

I need something to do and I now live in LHC.

Bill

>>When is the Jeep Rally in LHC?  Or did it already happen?<<

It's already over...It ran from 2/25-3/4, we were at Sara Park.

200,000 miles - WOW! That's an extremely high mark to aim at, I'm gonna give it shot. ;D

I must say that after reading your post I felt a calm come over me due to the fact that you are the original owners.
It's refreshing in this day & age of instant replaceable everything, and throwaway rigs that there are still those that cherish and hold onto their coaches. A few in my circle of friends almost have the stickers wore off the tires and they're shopping for another rig. This is a constant with them, and to see your post was quite settling, for me at least.
Thanks

Corky

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom