200000 Miles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi to both of you,
    Welcome to the over 200,000 mile club as original owners.  I have all records but am too lazy to add it all up.  Impressive record keeping!
Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Terry A. Brewer said:
Grashley

>>BTL  Certainly you did not use your cell phone to take a pic while driving down the hi way at 50 MPH!! <<

Yes, I had to record the exact moment, I did slow down from 62mph though.<G>

No problem. It was on autopilot.  ;D ;D ;D

llib enad said:
Hi to both of you,    Welcome to the over 200,000 mile club as original owners.  I have all records but am too lazy to add it all up.  Impressive record keeping!
Bill Dane
99 Country Coach Allure

Boy, I wish I would have known about the 200k club, I might have tried to last another couple of years ;D ;D . We had our Travel Supreme, purchased new in 2002, for 11 years and drove it for 120,000 miles, just slightly more per month than Terry. Since we've been Rolling Stock users since Ned came out with it, who remembers when, I could just punch a couple of buttons and come up with:

Total Gallons        13,405
Total Fuel Cost    $35,619
Highest refuel      114 gallons @ $4.90/gallon = $558
Lowest cost        $1.14/gallon
Avg MPG              8.83mpg

The highest refuel was after replacing the fuel tank and lines due to rain contamination of the fuel storage tanks at a truck stop. Thankfully the cost was covered by the insurance claim. The mpg was thanks to the great performance of the 400hp Cummins ISL engine. I was sure to perform all recommended services on time and most at the Spartan Chassis factory. Went thru a couple sets of tires and batteries and replaced the front TV, but most everything else was still OEM when we sold the coach.

Terry A. Brewer said:
After 19 years I finally turned over 200000 miles in my 1999 Country Coach Magna, in Jim Johnsons beautiful state of Alabama... I am the original owner and picked up my coach at the factory in Junction City, Or.

Fun Facts...

Cat C-10, 385 hp, 1350 torque

MPG 8.0
Gallons Used................... 24998.03
Total fuel Cost.................$71,871.41
Average cost per gallon... $2.873
Low Price........................$.99
High Price.......................$6.45

Now that's some great record keeping Terry! Is that you or Betty being that meticulous for that long of a time?

Congrats guys, and still a better coach than most rolling out of the factories toady.

SargeW said:
Now that's some great record keeping Terry! Is that you or Betty being that meticulous for that long of a time?

Terry uses the late Ned Reiter program "Rolling Stock"  to track all  details.  Sometimes I don't even want to know. But it does provide interesting long term details doesn't it? 

Betty Brewer said:
Terry uses the late Ned Reiter program "Rolling Stock"  to track all  details.  Sometimes I don't even want to know. But it does provide interesting long term details doesn't it? 

Is it still available anywhere? I would be interesting to see.

Congrats Terry & Betty.  We are trying to follow your example. At 55,000 miles we have a long way to go.  I am keeping the same type of records, but doing it by hand.  Nice to know there's a program if I want it. Your repaint gave me the confidence to do it.  So glad I did.  Now I want your dashboard.  If I remember right, you got it at the Redmond rally.  Looks great!  Carry on....

Steve & Dee 

Marty & All

>>Is it still available anywhere? I would be interesting to see.<<

The program is still alive but different, The persons that bought it from Ned and re-worked it can be found here... http://www.rollingstock.co.za

I don't know how different it is as I still use Ned's original program and it keeps plugging on.

Terry, that is freaking AWESOME!!!

We are a bit behind you by 84k miles, ours turned over 116k last fall and should be into the low 120's by the end of this season, but I'm tryin' to catch ya. ;D

I have a record of every single gallon of fuel that has gone into our coach but it is all by hand and no costs accompanying the gallons.  Also every repair or modification has been documented, even if it is a simple light bulb I changed, at least since Feb. 2007 and 55k miles when we purchased it.

The nice thing about your "vintage" coach Terry, is that it looks and performs just as good as new.

Mike

Congrats, Terry and Betty!

Side comment:  Those of you that had a repaint done, who did the repaint?  Thinking about going that route, but hard to justify the cost, since I would probably spend almost as much as the coach is worth.

Jag

>>Those of you that had a repaint done, who did the repaint?  Thinking about going that route, but hard to justify the cost, since I would probably spend almost as much as the coach is worth.<<

I had mine repainted at Mikes Custom Paint in Bremen, Indiana 4-5 years ago.  It was the cheapest place that did a quality job I could find.  It took 4 weeks to paint and We stayed in efficiency apt and watch them work on it every day.

The cost at that time was $12,000 and worth every penny for us.

Mike

>>Also every repair or modification has been documented, even if it is a simple light bulb I changed<<

I do that also, even with all my other vehicles and Rolling Stock handles it all.

Terry A. Brewer said:
I had mine repainted at Mikes Custom Paint in Bremen, Indiana 4-5 years ago.  It was the cheapest place that did a quality job I could find.  It took 4 weeks to paint and We stayed in efficiency apt and watch them work on it every day.

The cost at that time was $12,000 and worth every penny for us.

Thanks, Terry.  That's very helpful.  The $ question was obviously in the back of my mind, but I didn't want to pry.  That's more competitive pricing than what I envisioned.  I somehow had close to $20K in my mind.  I'm in the state next door and leaving the coach with them for a month wouldn't be a problem.

Terry, that's 10,526 miles a year.  Probably more than most full timers.  And you guys have two homes. 

If I did, or rather, could do that on my 6-mpg gasser, I would have spent $25,000 more on fuel.  And of course, my gasser would be in its "end of life" stage.  Something to think about when comparing diesels to gassers. 

jagnweiner said:
Thanks, Terry.  That's very helpful.  The $ question was obviously in the back of my mind, but I didn't want to pry.  That's more competitive pricing than what I envisioned.  I somehow had close to $20K in my mind.  I'm in the state next door and leaving the coach with them for a month wouldn't be a problem.

Not to hijack Terry's thread but we also had our coach painted at Mike's Custom Painting in Bremen, IN and I can recommend them as well.  I was NOT impressed with the information or feedback I was getting from local shops here in Utah about how they would prep and the quality of products as well as the prices being in the $20k-26k range.  I drove our coach back to IN and left it at Mike's in May of last year and picked it up at the end of June.  We are very pleased with the work.  Actually seeing Terry and Betty's coach and the quality job that was done about 4 or 5 years ago is what prompted us to investigate Mike's.

Mike

Hi Terry,

Let us know when you reach the 300,000 mile mark  ;D  I am fast catching you, only 194,000 to go.  :eek:  I hope to meet up with you folks again in the near future. Happy camping!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom