circuit breakers on bottom left of BCC in 98 bounder 36S

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

a1aweb

Just put new engine battery in and new terminal cable - it started fine 3 days ago right after putting it in but now engine won't start - was starting fine on old battery but I constantly had to recharge it.
The battery is still fully charged.
The ground wire is fine-already checked that. All wires hooked up correctly.
After reading about this issue I was able to find the tiny reset buttons on the left at the bottom of the BCC box-they are both out and when I push them in they will not stay in...are they supposed to?
I also turned the main battery and house battery switches off and then on that are just inside the entrance door above and to the right - I can hear the click when I do this but engine still won't start.
Any other switches to flip?suggestions or ideas?

You have the RV Custom Products BCC.  It's been years since I had one of those, but as I recall the breaker button does stay in when pushed, IF the circuit is powered. Without power on the source side of the breaker, nothing happens.

Start tracing wires from the battery - the routing to the engine starter is fairly direct, Battery to Disconnect relay to Starter relay to starter. There aren't too many places to go wrong on that side.

If you provide me with an email address, I can send you a troubleshooting document for your BCC. It's too big to attach to this message.

Those 2 circuit breakers connect your in coach 12 volt fuse panel to the disconnect relay for your house battery. The 2 wires in the fuse panel also connect to a larger wire to your converter. The breakers will reset with or with out applied power. You have a short some place.

Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom