Surge protector and adapter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Humanaquarian said:
I spend some coin and got the PI, I feel it?s a wise investment. Still unclear about the circuit breaker.. is it located on the supply end? Remember I?m  a total newb and I?m used to primitive camping!

Also, someone asked where we?re going... Bennett Spring SP here in good ol MO. Trout fishing at its finest. A great maiden voyage.

That looks  like a good  place to go. Take a tablet with you so you can make notes on things that you don't have, things that don't or you don't know how they work. When you get back work the list. :))
Now do you understand about the breaker?
Bill

ChasA said:
Plug the cord into the protector before you plug the protector into the pedestal.  Then  turn the circuit breaker at the pedestal on. The point is that you should avoid plugging your plugs into a "live circuit.  The PI unit will turn the power on once it determines that the power is okay.

Rookie here also and I hate to ask the obvious, but do you follow the above procedure with the RV end plugged in ??.  Or do you wait for the all-clear and then plug into the RV?    The later would seem to violate the "live circuit" rule.

Plug the surge protector into the pedestal and the RV to the surge protector, THEN turn on the circuit breaker at the pedestal. Doesn't make any difference which one you plug in first.

Ensure breaker is turned off at the pedestal, plug everything in, turn on breaker at pedestal.

WILDEBILL308 said:
That looks  like a good  place to go. Take a tablet with you so you can make notes on things that you don't have, things that don't or you don't know how they work. When you get back work the list. :))
Now do you understand about the breaker?
Bill

Yes, absolutely! Thanks guys... I?ll let you know how it goes!

I'm not trying to complicate things, but do the circuit breakers INSIDE the RV stay on all the time or do you turn them on when all the connections are made and after you turn on the pedestal breakers?

Fogetty said:
I'm not trying to complicate things, but do the circuit breakers INSIDE the RV stay on all the time or do you turn them on when all the connections are made and after you turn on the pedestal breakers?

Leave them on all the time.

Humanaquarian said:
Also, someone asked where we?re going... Bennett Spring SP here in good ol MO. Trout fishing at its finest. A great maiden voyage.

I'll be very interested to hear how your first outing went.

I hardwired my 50 amp PI in the bay for the pigtail storage,,that way the PI won't grow legs and walk off.  This way you can check that the pole "switch" is OFF,, the plug in and flip the power pole to ON. The PI does the rest..  The last time out we were at a park in Yuma and at 4 in the morning my remote for the PI (wired on the bedroom wall) started going crazy. I stepped out in my jammies to the pole and shut it off. After e few minutes turned it back on and it was fine so the PI closed the curcuit,, within two minutes  the remote went crazy again,,so left it OFF till I could find the park electrician..After explaining that my EMS was going nuts he checked the pole and began pulling the pole apart and replaced the breaker/switch. Checking it showed the switch was arcing internally..everything returned to normal for the rest of the stay.>>>Dan

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom