Any Boondocking spots in Missoula Monata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

v33sonata

So I am in Missoula now for work and am about to leave but I am back for the summer in June doing some short term work. Seems all the RV parks are booked up for the summer. I've got a 27 foot camper trailer and am looking for some spots with in 30 mins of the city to do some boon-docking. Anyone have any area's for me to check out?

Thanks in advanced

Hi v33sonata,

+1 for Campendium.

There's also FreeCampsites.net, and (paid and for members only) Escapees' Days End. When traveling in the US, we use the former all the time.

Cheers,
--
  Vall.

+1 for Freecampsites.net    After a couple of bad experiences though, I'll check out the sites I pick on Google Earth before I get there.  Picked a free state park in New Mexico last year, and when we got there our 37' coach would barely fit on the campground road, and in none of the sites.  Ended up in a nice roadside pull-off that night after a close encounter with an elk.  No damage, but decided I'd driven far enough for one day.

Old_Crow said:
+1 for Freecampsites.net    After a couple of bad experiences though, I'll check out the sites I pick on Google Earth before I get there.  Picked a free state park in New Mexico last year, and when we got there our 37' coach would barely fit on the campground road, and in none of the sites.  Ended up in a nice roadside pull-off that night after a close encounter with an elk.  No damage, but decided I'd driven far enough for one day.
That's why I like Campendium because for some reason there seems to be quite a lot of information available on the actual location, like what size RV fits etc.  Not on them all I guess but I found more info there than on the freecampsites page.  Might just have been luck!

Back
Top Bottom