Overnight parking in Key Largo, FL?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wijames2002

I was able to get a space at John Pennekamp state park for 14 days in August with one day in the middle with nothing available. I don't mind leaving for one night and going back for the rest of our stay but wondered if anyone knew of anyplace I could park my MH for one night. I usually use Walmarts for that but there's no Walmarts in Key Largo.

Maybe the manager at Publix will let you overnight in their parking lot.

I believe Monroe county has an ordinance prohibiting overnight parking in parking lots. I would try some campgrounds further down the keys, or a marina. Or there are campgrounds north in Homestead.  I am currently in a nice county park in South Miami an hour away from Key Largo (Larry and Penny Thompson county park).

ChasA said:
I believe Monroe county has an ordinance prohibiting overnight parking in parking lots. I would try some campgrounds further down the keys, or a marina. Or there are campgrounds north in Homestead.  I am currently in a nice county park in South Miami an hour away from Key Largo (Larry and Penny Thompson county park).

Thanks, I found this out yesterday and arranged for one night in another park. Thanks again.

I'd love to visit Monroe County sometime in my RV with the family.  I used to go down there a lot on dive trips, but haven't been in a long time.

Sadly, there are so few campgrounds that every time I've looked everything seems to be booked up.

I guess I could rent a hotel room for a night and park in their lot..... ridiculous.... but down there I get it.  the place would likely get overrun if there wasn't such an ordinace

blw2 said:
I'd love to visit Monroe County sometime in my RV with the family.  I used to go down there a lot on dive trips, but haven't been in a long time.

Sadly, there are so few campgrounds that every time I've looked everything seems to be booked up.

I've had good luck with booking the state parks but you need to book at least 5-6 months in advance. I just booked 14 days in John Pennekamp park for August. I do have one open day in the middle of my stay but was able to get into a local campground for that day.

is that open day you are running into on a weekend or holiday by chance?

That's what I've run into.  It has been a long time since I looked, but I did try several times a long way out like that....we are always trying to get in on long weekends, holidays, around school breaks and such.... the popular times.

blw2 said:
is that open day you are running into on a weekend or holiday by chance?

That's what I've run into.  It has been a long time since I looked, but I did try several times a long way out like that....we are always trying to get in on long weekends, holidays, around school breaks and such.... the popular times.

Yes, the day is a Saturday. Getting weekends would be harder.

Back
Top Bottom