You're never too old to play music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Reading the bios of our ukulele band members (in last Friday's concert program), I was quite taken by this one:

My musical background started with piano lessons at the age of eight (it didn't take). Next came the clarinet in the high school marching band (the uniform didn't fit). Now, 85 years after the piano (do the math), I'm enjoying musical life playing with the Delta Strummers.

This WWII pilot is the picture of health, recently re-married and, although I knew he was 93, it really hit me when I read his bio. His prior girlfriend (now wife) sings in a local mixed choir and attends every Delta Strummers performance. He reciprocates and attends every choir performance.

IIRC they were married 2-3 years ago. When I asked him how married life was treating him, he replied with two thumbs in the air "married life is great".

He sure is Jackie. A couple of years ago, after we learned of his WWII background, we (not me) orchestrated an event at one of our weekly practices; The practice stopped, and in came members of the local Veterans Club along with his family. They honored him and thanked him for his service. An emotional event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom