Fan Clutch "You get what you pay for "

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deano2002

Year before last I had the radiator recored, I installed a new water pump and all hoses and, a new fan clutch. I noticed immediately that the fan stayed engaged pretty much all the time under 50mph and even when it was winter here. I posted some questions on here and was informed that it doesn't matter how fast you are going but, rather how warm it is in the engine bay which, how could it be as warm in the winter in there as it is when its near 90 degrees and fan acts no different either way. Slowing down to a stop I heard it kick in no matter the temp, motor never gets near to overheating.  I decided last week to buy a heavy duty genuine GM fan clutch because I didn't believe what I had was normal, wouldn't you know it, it doesn't act at all as the off brand one I just replaced tonight, started it up cold, no fan noise and, engine heated up to temp as I was going around the section and no fan noise because it wasn't needed. I'm happy even though it cost 115 dollars instead of half that

Glad to hear you got your issue resolved.  I'm a great believer in OEM parts. 

Almost every time I've bought an aftermarket part I had trouble with it. Especially electrical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom