what is this tool?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blw2

I was looking in my toolbox for a small screwdriver yesterday, and came across this long ago forgotten tool.  I have no recollection of what it is for or even when or where I got it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180312_184029371.jpg
    IMG_20180312_184029371.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20180312_184004034.jpg
    IMG_20180312_184004034.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 134
That is the tool that attaches the spring to the furnace exhaust and inlet ports on the outside of the rig to secure the mesh covers to keep wasps out.

Looks like a schrader valve tool. Also called air valve found in tire stems, ect.

Attachments

• 0310-1_large.jpg
    0310-1_large.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Z2qK9-mcpEx_.JPG
    Z2qK9-mcpEx_.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 37
I don't think BLW's tool is hollow. The Schrader valve tool is hollow.

Hammster is correct.  I still have mine.  It comes when you buy those little screens to cover your furnace/hot water tank exhaust.  It's need to attach the little spring to the screen.

99dart said:
BTW, I keep knocking mine off. We park right next to our chain link fence, I keep knocking it off when I go back to plug-in/unplug the rig. Anyone have a more secure fix?

Ya, walk around the other side.  :eek: ::) :p ;D

yep, that was it!!!!  can't believe I couldn't remember that one!  Guess I'm running up against my limit of useless information rattling around up there in my head.....

And you are correct, it does look like a schraeder valve tool but as others pointed out it's not hollow so it wouldn't work for that.

blw2 said:
yep, that was it!!!!  can't believe I couldn't remember that one!  Guess I'm running up against my limit of useless information rattling around up there in my head.....

And you are correct, it does look like a schraeder valve tool but as others pointed out it's not hollow so it wouldn't work for that.
Yeah, don't you sometimes wish you could defragment your "hard drive?"

blw2 said:
yep, that was it!!!!  ....And you are correct, it does look like a schraeder valve tool but as others pointed out it's not hollow so it wouldn't work for that.

Could you use a Schrader tool for the same purpose?  Only carry one tool for two jobs..

blw2 said:

If the diameter is correct, it should still work on Schrader valves. The center pin is spring loaded and would easily push in enough to get a bite on the valve shoulders. The correct tool would be a better choice of course...

Back
Top Bottom