2006 27ft Puma Reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12 yrs old... If it wasn't properly maintained or stored right it could be trouble.  Roof, tires, awning, cleanliness, outdated decor, rust, possible systems not working/worn out etc.

Beyond a great deal, it could be a nightmare.

ANY used camper, especially that old, is judged on its condition.  Some campers are abused and not maintained.  After 12 years, they are shot! Others are gently used and well maintained.  That could be a great buy.  Then there is everything in between.  I bought a 2009 model FW 4 months ago, so I have no issues with the RIGHT older camper!

The Library here has some good Pre Purchase checklists.

The MOST important issue is FLOOR PLAN!  Even if it is a great camper at a great price, if the floor plan does not work, it is the wrong camper for you.

Some key issues:  Look for any water damage.  Stains inside a closet or cabinet, soft spots in floors or walls, mildew, musty odors.  If found, run, don't walk away!

How worn is the carpet and upholstery?  Do the drawers and cabinets close and latch?  Is the trim around doors and windows intact?

How old are the tires?  Regardless of tread wear, they need replaced at 7 years!
Do all the appliances work?

Enjoy the Hunt!

The MOST important issue is FLOOR PLAN!
After condition, I'll fully agree.

How old are the tires?  Regardless of tread wear, they need replaced at 7 years!
Were it me, on a trailer, I'd use five years rather than 7. Trailer tires aren't nearly as robust as those on motorhomes.

Back
Top Bottom