The Walk - Movie 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackiemac

Site Team
This movie was on TV is the UK a few days ago and I enjoyed it. It is based on the story of 24-year-old French high-wire artist Philippe Petit's walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center on August 7, 1974.

I wondered if anyone here remembers this or even witnessed it?

I was six, and in kindergarten at the time and lived in New York, but I have no memory of it.
I do remember the Son of Sam just a couple of years later. That scared the heck out of me as a kid living there.

1974. I graduated HS in 1969. Got married in 1973. Went in the AF in 1975. 1969 to 1975 are pretty fuzzy for me. I don't really remember asking my wife to marry me. She swears it happened. Lost a lot of brain cells back then.

I have a 3D TV and a copy of The Walk in 3D. It is an excellent movie and it is great in 3D. Coincidently this morning I was watching a documentary about New York that featured an interview with Philippe.

I recently watch the movie, which BTW is excellent, but like Oldgator I was a little preoccupied.
Was living in a school bus in the Arizona desert with wife & 4 year old baby, and no TV.

We rented the movie (Netflix?) a few months ago - very well done documentary!  :):):))

I vaguely remember the actual event - was on active duty and didn't see a lot of TV.  ::)

Wish we had more bold artists like Philippe today.

I have no recollection of the actual event as I was not born for another 8 months.  I was trying to figure out what was so extreme about walking in between the Twin Towers that they would make a movie about it.  People do it everyday going to work.  How rough was NYC at that time?  I lived in NYC until I was 11, 1986.  I survived so how bad could it have been?  Then I looked up the movie and see it is about the main character walking a tight rope between the Twin Towers.  Makes more sense now.  LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DUSM0518
Back
Top Bottom