Need to hang coat rack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Peggyy

I need coat hooks. I bought a lightweight rack, tried to hang with command strips and it falls to the floor when i hang two lightweight jackets on it.  Suggestions?

You may have to start over with new command strip tape.

Make sure the area is cleaned with alcohol first and then good and dry.

After you put up the command hook, slide it back off again and use your fingers to press up and down the strip to give it good tight adhesion. Then just stand there for a solid minute pressing it to the wall.

Next is WAIT at least 24 hours before replacing the hook and using it. The 24 hours gives the glue time to set up on both the bracket and the wall. If the wall is super porous, then it might be a challenge.

However, I recently moved big hooks off my motorhome and into my 5th wheel with new command strips and they are still holding up fine. The old hooks were stuck on fiberglass, I relocated them to a wallpapered wall in the 5th wheel with new strips. They've been up a month now of daily use with no fail, but I did the above instructions.

Mine are rated for 7.5 pounds and will hold coat hangers too, but I use mine without coat hangers.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U82CPXK//ref=as_li_ss_tl?coliid=ITL4PEJRFW30Y&colid=1C6T90UH01EMT&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Check the weight capacity for your hooks, Command's small hooks are only weighted for 1 pound, not enough for a typical coat or jacket.

Attachments

• comman large hanger in white.jpg
    comman large hanger in white.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks.  Maybe separate hooks would work better. I used 16 pound strips, but i did not wait 24 hours.  Ill keeptrying!

Another way I just saw concerning mounting a TV is    if you know where solid studs are, like a door frame, mount a 1x4, stained to match your cabinets, to the studs, then screw in all the hooks you want!

Back
Top Bottom